Mickey Scarecrow at Hobby Lobby

I finally made it to Hobby Lobby this summer. I knew they would have fall stuff out and am worried I am late on this. I found a Mickey Scarecrow about 2ft tall I guess and he was $24.99 but we were able to go online on the phone and get a coupon to bring it down to $14.99. They also have coupons available thru the phone app but I have yet to download the app to see what it's all about. there is a Minnie but I wasn't crazy about her and didn't want to push my luck with hubby. LOL. Had she been in a different shirt she would have come home too. :). There were 3 Minnie's and our Mickey was the last

oh and they are more fabric than say the typical leave outside scarecrows. I think he will be outside only while we are at the site. I'd hate for him to get messed up in a shower. He stands on his own with weighted felt (?) covered shoes.

now I just need a funkin or 2 just for camping ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried uploading and it said it was too big. I am horrible when it comes to this stuff lately. So I went back to tried and true. Uploaded to shutterfly. Emailed it to myself to get the link and fingers crossed this works.....

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1AbtGzNm0bsWMp&emid=shareprintsharer&linkid=link5&cid=EM_sharshar

Fingers crossed and chanting "please work please work". LOL.

• 2 months later...

Me again.   :10220:    Figured I'd use my old thread since it was sort of related.  My Mom found that Walgreens (drug store) had put put out Disney items this week starting Monday. Apparently not all stores though and it the stuff she was finding was actually leftover from last year and they had discounted it.  She found short stakes that have Ghost Mickey or Pumpkin Mickey.   She found wall decals that were originally sold for 2/$5.00 and paid $1.49 each.  These she found in Mickey gang and Tinkerbell plus she picked up a non-Disney one that I think said Happy Halloween or Trick or Treat.   We took stuff to the trailer last night so I peeled off a butterfly from the Tinkerbell one (real Halloweeny huh? butterflies are so scary! LOL) and stuck it on the wall paper and it held.  We will go back tomorrow to drop more stuff off and I will recheck the butterfly.   She also found treat buckets that were $0.99 that had Disney characters on them but when I went back they were already sold out.  She found what I think is cardboard decorations that are completely glitter on the back and 99% glitter on the front with the exception of the Mickey (character) faces, hands.  They are meant to hang and I believe those were also marked down.  

When I stopped at my local Walgreens i did spot a Minnie scarecrow that went with our Mickey but I didn't think to check the price.     Another thing I spotted but I suspect not to be marked down was the Minnie pumpkin lights.  They had Mickey one a few years back and the Minnie one this year is probably the same size and it looked like a fabric poka dot bow on her.  She was $14.99 according to the photo my DH sent me. 

We're gearing up for the Fort.  We did a Halloween weekend at our local KOA and had a great time. Now we just need to pack up the clothes and a few groceries and we'll be ready to roll again.   Oh and Target had cheap plastic orange dog bowls in the Halloween section that had pumpkin faces.  We don't have a lot of room/allowance for Halloween this trip but we'll have some Halloween spirit going on   :jumpforjoy

If you have a Dollar Tree nearby, they had lots of non Disney  Halloween items.

I got the solar yard stake lights, they have black and orange spirals up the stake, and the light housing is orange.

They also have the round Japanese style paper  (and plastic) lantrens that have an LED light in them.  I got the pumpkin, they have a ghost and something else.  Uses 2 AA batteries.

If you were handy you could attach Mickey ears to the stake lights and the globes!

We do have  Dollar Tree near us.  I will stop in and see what they have left.  I also have those paper lanterns from them too.  I wasn't sure about bringing them but maybe I will.  But I am thinking if I have to put up the awning when we go to the parks what am I going to do with the lights that are hanging on the awning each time?  LOL   That thought just crossed my mind, when we camped last weekend we only left the site to walk around the campground.  We had perfect weather the entire weekend (complete opposite from our 1st visit there where we had 2 storms per day that were intense ... read awning up, awning down, awning up and so on LOL)   

But the paper lanterns would be nice hanging off the front window rock guard.  I might be digging out at least 2 this afternoon   :thumbsup2:

I have at least 1 Halloween solar light leftover from I think 2 years ago, never used.  But it would be nice to put a couple more by the ghosts (michaels) and pumpkins (funkins).  

Thanks for the ideas!!!  

Diane