Crockpot cinnamon rolls

So thanks to someone's TR ( I won't point fingers) and Chick Fil A, I wanted cinnamon rolls. But, it is a million degrees up here so running the oven was not gonna happen. So I googled and found a few recipes for crockpot rolls. Some you made the dough from scratch (sorry, too lazy for that), some used pizza dough (I can only get that frozen around here) and finally some used Grands!

So once I found the recipes that used the refrigerated biscuits, I had to narrow it down more. I seriously had no idea I was going to find so many different ones. Some used eggs to make more like a casserole, etc.

This is what I settled on.

http://pennypincherjenny.com/crock-pot-cinnamon-rolls/

1 can of biscuits (found in the refrigerated section of your grocery)

1/4 c. melted butter

1/2 c. brown sugar

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. vanilla

pecan pieces (optional) <-I did not do these

Glaze:

1 1/3 c. powdered sugar

2 T. milk (I had to keep slowly adding more but this is a great amount to start with)

08284755-835B-4BF5-82B9-027BCAFC6AC7-379

Crappy photos courtesy of my iPhone!

1. Spray the crock pot cooking spray. We cut the rolls into 4. 53D74F38-71F5-4B99-90CC-24613217B5FE-379 (random side note, I love butcher paper! We actually bought the huge roll from Sam's for packing when we moved, but I know keep it on my kitchen counter. Great for putting down for crafts or when the boy wants to help mess, I mean cook.

2. Melt butter in a bowl and mix in the vanilla.

3. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.

4. Roll the biscuits in the butter and then in the brown sugar / cinnamon mixture. We actually ended up making more brown sugar mixture. 7001C7CA-7F0E-4FAA-911C-C994844E2580-379

5. Place prepared biscuits in the crock pot and sprinkle with pecan pieces, if desired.

55781572-A9A9-4B18-9BF3-BF2FF828FA9E-379

6. Cover the crock pot with a paper towel and then place the lid on top. (this will help prevent condensation from dripping on the rolls while cooking)

7. Cover. Cook on low 2-3 hrs. (If your crock pot cooks hot like mine make sure you check at the two hour mark mine were done at 2 hours 10 minutes)

8. Mix glaze ingredients in a small bowl (add more/less milk as needed) and pour over warm rolls. I added some vanilla to the glaze, it tasted too sugar like for my taste.

Finished product.

A52DBD73-3E5B-4E17-89F7-17BC5DE985EB-379

They were really good and Adam enjoyed making them but I have some thoughts. A few recipes said to line your crockpot with foil, I wish I did this. Some of the pieces around the edges got burnt but I think it was from the excess sugar mixture. I'm wondering if the foil would have prevented it or maybe if we were a little more conservative with the sugar mixture.

Ours is in great shape. Had it 5 years now. Course we have only used it less than a dozen times. We are trying to improve on that number.

Do you like pulled chicken? I found a good recipe for that. Brian really likes it. I made it tonight and sadly after smelling if for 5 hours had no interest in eating it.