Luckily here in NH we're close enough to the Canadian border that people usually get Monique right.

Not so much when I lived in RI and upstate NY.

And I've frequently gotten Monica and, for some reason, Michelle.

Throw in the fact that my full maiden name has all but 9 letters of the alphabet in it (including Q, V & Z) and I swear my parents were taking bets about how long it would take me to learn to write it.

Is that why the French Canadians in south Florida are always just in speedos?  By the time they fill out the hotel registration forms they don't have any time left to get dressed. 

They really should have named you Sue to even that out! Holy cow! I bet your name never fit on the forms with the little boxes.

Is that why the French Canadians in south Florida are always just in speedos?  By the time they fill out the hotel registration forms they don't have any time left to get dressed. 

:rofl2:  :rofl2:

I have one of these in there too, just for good measure...

ç

Thanks, guys. But Gwendolyn was such a pain growing up (and still is). I get so tired of having to spell it for everyone, along with my last name. And I don't think it suits my personality very well.

Same here. I spell my name Rebekah (how it is in the Bible) and I get all sorts of comments. "Oh, someone spelled your name wrong on the paperwork! How do your pronounce this? Oh that's unique way to spell it." So annoying.

My last name causes issues too.

Let's see all the variations of spellings I have had with my name: Evon, Ivan, Yovonne, Yovone, Yvone, Yevon and others that I cannot remember.

Oh and not to mention getting to hear "Ding Dong Avon calling" over and over again growing up.

But looking at the bright side at least my mom didn't let my dad name me. His choice was Myagiy znak.

He was a Russian linguist.