What happened to resort monorails for resort guest

Or there is just more busses, to handle the load when one breaks down.

The reality is that buses seldom break down, and if they do, just bring another one, and off you go.

They also don't prevent traffic from using that roadway.

In five years, I've never had a bus with passengers break down. Without passengers, twice.

the tow trucks for the busses aren't nearly as cool to watch either but at least I can choose whether to hang around - literally in the case of the monorail - and watch them or go on about my way...

then again, I've never had to sit thru a waterpark detour and be dripped on by grumpy, wet, questionably (and often laughably) clad people after leaving a park with a lever puller at the wheel...

But if the monorail stinks, and we are suppose to stay off the buses, how are we supposed to get around?  We are not driving ourselves around.  Have you seen the price for Diesel?  Hubby is not driving once he gets there until he has to do it to go home again.

But if the monorail stinks, and we are suppose to stay off the buses, how are we supposed to get around?  We are not driving ourselves around.  Have you seen the price for Diesel?  Hubby is not driving once he gets there until he has to do it to go home again.

I think you have a serious problem. Let us know how you resolve it.

We drive our truck everywhere but MK. We stay 2 week and burn maybe a half tank of diesel so $50 to $60. Not that bad considering what the rest of the trip cost.

That's a first for me--never saw them checking ID's at FW pool.  Must have been for that day only as I was there two days later and it was gone.

SOP, during certain holidays and for limited time.

They also have restrictions as to who can enter the Fort.

Both are lame attempts, and can be worked around.

...and seem to only take place on very busy holiday weekends.

And they aren't even consistent about it when they do it.

A couple years back, I was there for the 4th of July.  One morning, they make a big production about KTTW cards and wristbands. By the time I went back to my site to get the stupid KTTW card, they had stopped issuing the wristbands.  And, the rest of the days of my stay, there were no wristbands.

Over this past Memorial Day, they were only issuing wristbands at one of the many entrances to the pool. There were tons of guests in the pool without wristbands.  This is all just show.  No real enforcement effort.  Just a hassle for the real paying guests, and a joke to the freeloaders.

TCD