Interesting blog about how FP+ has created a loophole with current FP system

I see advantages, but it really depends on the pass holder. Having the ability to schedule your fast passes and not worry about sending a runner or running with the bulls at RD is advantage enough for me.

I tend to agree.  We're pretty flexible in the parks and also like to be fairly laid back about things.  I doubt I'd schedule FPs far in advance, but I could definitely see us doing it once we're on property and have an idea of where we'll be and when.

And since we are not rope drop people, and would rather not criss-cross parks all day, this all sounds very appealing to me.

I tend to agree.  We're pretty flexible in the parks and also like to be fairly laid back about things.  I doubt I'd schedule FPs far in advance, but I could definitely see us doing it once we're on property and have an idea of where we'll be and when.

And since we are not rope drop people, and would rather not criss-cross parks all day, this all sounds very appealing to me.

but if you do that, then will you be able to use it regularly on a particular day?

I've been to this page- all it says is:

In the coming months, be on the lookout here for more information regarding MyMagic+ and also to learn when MagicBands will be available to Passholders.

I got my RFID pass at Epcot, like they told me to.  I asked about MB"s there, and they said they would be letting passholders know. The page you linked says the same. So, how do I get a MagicBand?

TCD

In the coming months, be on the lookout here for more information regarding MyMagic+ and also to learn when MagicBands will be available to Passholders.

I got my RFID pass at Epcot, like they told me to.  I asked about MB"s there, and they said they would be letting passholders know. The page you linked says the same. So, how do I get a MagicBand?

TCD

To get your band, with us, once we linked the info it gave us an option to order them. Not sure how that works with AP holders. I don't have one.

But if you don't have a MB, your RF AP can be used on the systems TPs. So you could still use the benefits of the system. Just use your card.

sounds like once you link your AP to your MyMagic+ account there's no turning back

Yes, once your media is linked to your account, there is no turning back. It is linked forever.

TCD

When I first ordered mine I was linking my ap to My Disney Experience.  A window opened that said "select your magic band" I followed the on screen directions and about 3 days later I had them.   Now I had also just booked a night at Pop but did not have that resi linked to my account yet  so that may have had something to do with it. But I got an overnight letter from Disney about 4 days after I received the MB telling me because I was staying at pop I was eligible to participate in the  test program and ask me to order my MBs.  Never did really understand what that was about. Just an oversight I guess. You might try linking your AP in you app and see if it will let you order MB. If not book a night at pop.  But you should already be able to do everything with your RFID pass card that you can do with a MB

When I first ordered mine I was linking my ap to My Disney Experience.  A window opened that said "select your magic band" I followed the on screen directions and about 3 days later I had them.   Now I had also just booked a night at Pop but did not have that resi linked to my account yet  so that may have had something to do with it. But I got an overnight letter from Disney about 4 days after I received the MB telling me because I was staying at pop I was eligible to participate in the  test program and ask me to order my MBs.  Never did really understand what that was about. Just an oversight I guess. You might try linking your AP in you app and see if it will let you order MB. If not book a night at pop.  But you should already be able to do everything with your RFID pass card that you can do with a MB

They would have no idea at the point you ordered them that you were staying at the POP. The reservation number would have been what triggered the MB order if that was the case. Your AP is most likely the trigger in your case. So give it a try TCD.

They would have no idea at the point you ordered them that you were staying at the POP. The reservation number would have been what triggered the MB order if that was the case. Your AP is most likely the trigger in your case. So give it a try TCD.

I shall.

I'm not sure when the next trip might be, but this will give me time to get my MB and try to reserve some FP+'s. 

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

Update- I'm registered on the Passholder website.  In addition to my pass, the system shows my KTTW cards from my last stay at the Fort in May as cards registered to me.

I can click around and even get on the page that lets guests make Fastpass+ reservations, but it says I'm not eligible for Fasspass+ yet.  There is nothing anywhere saying I can order Magic Bands yet.

TCD

There's a section that says something like manage magic bands or too that effect. That is where we were prompted to order ours.

I guess that area is by invitation only :(

Maybe I'll get an invite soon.

In the meantime, I've seen a lot more MB's in the parks than I have expected to.  And a lot of the ding-dongs wearing them definitely don't deserve them before me.

TCD