Do you like making your ressies online, on the phone, or through a Travel Agent?

I dislike talking to people in general, haha, so I typically use the online system. I've had to call a few times to modify the reservation, but it's usually not that bad.

Except for the February trip - which I never wrote a trip report for.  I tried booking online and it kept declining my credit card. It was a new/replacement card so I thought it was my fault. Needless to say, it took 30 minutes to get everything resolved on the phone and required me to escalate a few times. It was a giant pain. I'll do anything to avoid that again.

I use a secret method. That being said, if you have ever used disney travel agents site you would see it is pretty much like what you see online, you have to plug in the dates and hope, there is no magic, just persistence and for all that they get 10%

The last time I used the online reservation system and did not turn it over to an agent, Disney canceled my reservation, kept my deposit and when I showed up for Halloween, overbooked the resort.  They wanted me to go to Coronado Springs and leave my camper in the overflow parking lot.  They were not happy about me running my generator to keep my stuff cold either.  I told them I was not sleeping on anyone else's DNA.  They told me all the cabins were full and put my butt in the overflow lot.  I then was told 10 minutes after starting my generator that I had to leave because I was not allowed to camp overnight in the overflow lot.  The security guard got a blue streak the size of half the United States of America.  We even showed him the manager's permit to stay there and he replied, "Well, I am calling her."

"Go right the fuck ahead,"  I said with my arms crossed across my chest.  "I'm not moving."

Needless to say, we paid for one of our three nights that weekend and I haven't let the reservation system have my reservations for more than three days on their own.  My luck is just THAT GOOD! :banana:

The only thing I miss about calling CRO is the hold music lol. I like listening to the Haunted Mansion music and a couple others. I go through a travel agent and will never go back to my own. I do sometimes go online and play the system when I know it's a holiday or something so she doesn't have to. TA's can usually see exactly what discounts are available without having a snarky CM say no it's not available.

The only thing I miss about calling CRO is the hold music lol. I like listening to the Haunted Mansion music and a couple others. I go through a travel agent and will never go back to my own. I do sometimes go online and play the system when I know it's a holiday or something so she doesn't have to. TA's can usually see exactly what discounts are available without having a snarky CM say no it's not available.

Do travel agents have access to a system showing who has room behind their rig for you?  :rofl2:

Do travel agents have access to a system showing who has room behind their rig for you?  :rofl2:

Donnie's M.O. is to knock on the door with his pillow & blanket in hand.  He doesn't give you a chance to say "no"!!  :rofl2:

Not at Richies cammmmpuh as Lorna calls it. I thought I snored lol. I told Lorna next time I stay with them maybe she could take the sofa (Rich sleeps in his easy chair) and I could just take the master bedroom. Haven't heard back yet. :rofl2:

Do travel agents have access to a system showing who has room behind their rig for you?  :)

Not at Richies cammmmpuh as Lorna calls it. I thought I snored lol. I told Lorna next time I stay with them maybe she could take the sofa (Rich sleeps in his easy chair) and I could just take the master bedroom. Haven't heard back yet. :D

Donnie's M.O. is to knock on the door with his pillow & blanket in hand.  He doesn't give you a chance to say "no"!!  :rofl2:

Lorna's too smart to accept that arrangement.  And too married.  :rofl2:

Donnie just shows up to my site with his popup.  Sometimes he just registers for me if I was dumb enough to do the online checkin.  (Um, not anymore... :rofl2:)

PS-I fixed Donnie's post...he can't post in the right sections when he quotes. :rofl2:

I havent used a travel agent yet but would love to.. So send her info my way!  Last year I used the online reservations sytem initally, booked for me and four kids, I then called in and had my AAA discount applied.. it ALMOST worked right.  When I checked in they didnt have my kids on the ressie any more.. they were attached to someone else!! Even though for about a split second I thought " ok sure.. let them have the savages.." (this was after a 12 hour drive from Alabama with 4 cranky kids) I came to my senses and decided I need my kids after all.  The CM at check in fixed it but it took a while.  This year I called in, because were in the the system it was suppose to be easier.. NOT.  When I recevied my confirmation email, amazingly enough, kids were all there, but my address was wrong.  Ahh well, Go figure.  AuburnJen said they overbooked at Halloween somewhere in here.. I'd simply DIE!!!!

For the first time in 23 years I have used a travel agent. One quick call to Rhonda and everything was taken care of.  No 100 questions, no waiting on hold and no survey. Plus I got to talk with Rhonda :D

I love Rhonda! ohh dont tell the DW  :rofl2:

Your secret is safe with me.  I love Rhonda too, she is a sweetheart :rofl2:

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite way is to book my next vacation, while I'm on vacation at the Fort. Typically, I utilize online then follow up with a phone call. Somehow, all those frustrating nuances of the Disney reservation system, seem less so when I'm sitting under my awning at the Fort.

My favorite way is to book my next vacation, while I'm on vacation at the Fort. Typically, I utilize online then follow up with a phone call. Somehow, all those frustrating nuances of the Disney reservation system, seem less so when I'm sitting under my awning at the Fort.

You still have money after your vacation? :rofl2:

You still have money after your vacation? :grpwelcome:

More importantly.. can you share? :dance: