I've got DDS! Please pray for me.

DDS=Disney Depression Syndrome

Ok I'm depressed and just needed to vent.

We had a mutiny at the homestead last night and we are not going to Disney this Christmas.

I have figured out my DS was the ringleader and was able to convince my DD and DW that we should go skiing instead of Disney. DW called a family meeting and told me they voted and decided we're going skiing. I quickly informed them that this is a dictatorship not a democracy and Comrade DW said yes it is. So at that I lost my throne and we're going to South Lake Yahoe skiing for Christmas.

So keep me in your thoughts and prayers and hopefully ill get through this horrible disease. And if you have any suggestions on how you relieve the pain. Please share them with me.

DDS=Disney Depression Syndrome

Ok I'm depressed and just needed to vent.

We had a mutiny at the homestead last night and we are not going to Disney this Christmas.

I have figured out my DS was the ringleader and was able to convince my DD and DW that we should go skiing instead of Disney. DW called a family meeting and told me they voted and decided we're going skiing. I quickly informed them that this is a dictatorship not a democracy and Comrade DW said yes it is. So at that I lost my throne and we're going to South Lake Yahoe skiing for Christmas.

So keep me in your thoughts and prayers and hopefully ill get through this horrible disease. And if you have any suggestions on how you relieve the pain. Please share them with me.

refuse to pay for Skiing trip, cancel everyone else credit cards.  refuse to buy christmas gifts unless every agrees to go to Disney.  ground the kids indefinitely.  No more allowance, cell phones, or internet until Disney is reinstated.

Airline tickets to ski in Tahoe...$1800

Car rental ... $300

Condo rental for 5 nites... $2100

3 day Lift ticket for 4 people... $848

Ski/snowboard rental... $496

Going to Disneyland after ski trip... Not in the budget.

Boy I forgot how expensive it is to go skiing.

I hate the cold. I'm so glad we only go skiing every 3-4 years.

Ive now got a severe case of DDS.

Do they hand carry you up the mountain and feed you grapes for that price?!? Is that a normal price for lift tickets?!?

No grapes.

It's a little higher because we will be skiing the 24, 26, and 27th. Of December. Peak season.

And people always say Disney is expensive.

Wait it is expensive! Lol

How old are your kids?

Does your wife work outside the home?

If kids are under 18, I personally wouldn't consider their likes/dislikes.  And they certainly wouldn't get a vote.  If they are over 18 and in college, i.e., I'm still supporting them, they still wouldn't get a vote.  If they are over 18 and financially contributing to the trip, they should get a vote.

Now your wife is a different story.  If she is financially contributing to the trip, you'd better go skiing.  Peace in the family is worth more than a Disney trip.  

But a solo Disney trip would be great.  I had a solo day a few trips ago and loved it.  It's something everyone should experience.

I'm gonna have my first "solo" trip to WWW in January (traveling with my best friend, no spouse and no kids/grandkids) and so looking forward to it!

How old are your kids?

Does your wife work outside the home?

If kids are under 18, I personally wouldn't consider their likes/dislikes. And they certainly wouldn't get a vote. If they are over 18 and in college, i.e., I'm still supporting them, they still wouldn't get a vote. If they are over 18 and financially contributing to the trip, they should get a vote.

Now your wife is a different story. If she is financially contributing to the trip, you'd better go skiing. Peace in the family is worth more than a Disney trip.

But a solo Disney trip would be great. I had a solo day a few trips ago and loved it. It's something everyone should experience.

I'm gonna have my first "solo" trip to WWW in January (traveling with my best friend, no spouse and no kids/grandkids) and so looking forward to it!

DS 24 in college and I and ex-wife still support him. He has part time job. No vote

DD 9. In school we support, but she does have me wrapped around her fingers and thumbs and toes. And I can't tell her no. No vote

DW not telling her age. Works as a academic support advisor at a private school (basically she's the special education director) Contributes to the families income. One vote.

But she doesn't need more than one. Her one vote is equal to 4 of my votes. Because she always says...

"if momma ain't happy, no body's happy"

Your solo trip awesome. Just you and all those WWWs.

I don't know if DW would allow a solo trip.

Especially over Christmas. Christmas is a big, big deal at our house. And our Anniversary is December 31st. And she loves Disneyworld almost as much as me.

But unhappy kids can make a trip miserable. I get what your saying but forcing them to go somewhere would probably be ugly.

If kids can't find something to be happy about at Disney, then they are hopeless, self-centered brats.  Sorry, I know I'm being hard-nosed, but that's just how I feel.  I see too many parents catering to their kids' wishes/demands.  That contributes to the erosion of family values and problems with the next generation.  Thankfully our children don't treat their kids that way and our grandchildren don't have those expectations.