We just got back into tent camping after quite a few years. 

We've gone to the Fort twice in the past month for weekend visits (plus side of living in Tampa). 

Our previous Fort visits for the last few years have been the cabins, and before that a small pop up.

So I'm trying to figure out the best way to keep the tent (10x14) and the surrounding area fairly dry.  I have a large tarp that I hung above the tent to protect it, and allow the widows to be open if it rains.  Was pretty successful the first trip, not as good the second time.  Wind ripped it down twice.  I was thinking about using poles and guy ropes to V the tarp over the tent.  Also thinking about a quonset/greenhouse shape using bent pvc with a tarp attached. Not sure if 2 10 foot sections attached together and bowed would be high and wide enough to clear the top and sides of the tent. 

I see K Mart has an easy up 12x14 sun shade on sale for $99, but there's no sides, so that won't offer much rain protection and that model doesn't have sides or screen as an accessory.

Oh, and our SUV already looks like the Beverly Hillbillys plus one coming down the road, so space is limited.

All expert advice and ideas welcomed!

PS: trying to get a site for Oct 18-21, so far nothing available, so wish us luck!

That sounds like a good idea.  My tent is 10x14 and the e-z up is 12x14 so that may cover the tent but no room for us to sit.  But is is something to consider.

We did it that was out of necessity the first time and just never bothered to buy the "walls" since the tarps we already had worked just fine.

Sounds to me like you need another e-z up or two to sit under :D

I was never good with tarps.. I'm not wired that way, I started with one ezup and ended up using two before it was done, 1 over the tent and 1 to hang out in, the one over the tent I only ever used a wall once, the overhead was usually enough to handle any rain issues :)