Top Ten Items to have with you in a Disney Park

I was surprised to read in the article that Disney does not provide lockers, as I thought I remembered reading that Mo, Nicole and Nicki got a locker when they were at Mk for 24 hours.

We did get a locker, but had to put a deposit down for it. As you come through the turnstiles at MK they're on the right before you go under the train tracks. 

You got most of the deposit back when you returned the key.  I think the net cost was somewhere around $5??

I was surprised to read in the article that Disney does not provide lockers, as I thought I remembered reading that Mo, Nicole and Nicki got a locker when they were at Mk for 24 hours.

They mean to store your bag while on a ride. Some theme parks have lockers in the station (they don't lock, so more of a cubby hole) for your bag while on the ride.

We did get a locker, but had to put a deposit down for it. As you come through the turnstiles at MK they're on the right before you go under the train tracks. 

You got most of the deposit back when you returned the key.  I think the net cost was somewhere around $5??

great minds?

what Mo said

I rarely take along anything but money, a phone, and sometimes my camera. My sunglasses are usually on my head where they're needed to hold my hair back. Makes getting thru security much easier and I don't have to lug stuff around all day or fight with the kids about who carries what.

IIRC there are lockers in all the parks, just not at each ride entrance. Also, you have to pay for them, they're not free so I suppose technically you could say Disney does not provide them.

We put our sunscreen on before we leave the TT. Wearing sandals, we don't need socks. If I need a pain killer or something I stop by first aid. Ditto, the plastic bag - with a gift shop at every turn, there are plenty of bags already in there. I don't need to carry one in...

I always carry a plastic bag. I almost got thrown up on once on the bus (and not by anyone in my party) and I have been traumatized since and always have an emergency barf bag ready to go.

now THAT is a reason to carry a bag if I've ever heard one. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Unlimited amount of $$$$

Drop the sanitizer, we survived 2000+ years without wiping germs off every 5 minutes

Camera with extra batteries and memory or film

Dry box/bag/something sealable to keep your fragile items dry in the sudden FL downpours

Water/juice boxes.  Small items like that they usually allow, especially with kids.  Just don't try to bring in gallon sized jugs.  We've  taken in food items to make sandwiches without anyone stopping us. If you don't feel like bringing in bottled water, Dollar Tree has collapsible soft bottles with sippy tops that seal.  Sort of like the leather wine pouches.  They also carry the little pouches of drink mix made for a typical water bottle.

Not sure if they allow camelbacks.

Floppy brimmed hat is good for the sun, and rain.

Comfortable shoes.  High heels and pointy toes don't cut it.

Small pocket sized first aid kit.  Again Dollar Tree or Wal Mart, or make your own.  Few band aids and neosporin/antibacterial lotion.  Cover blisters and minor scrapes.

Chap stick

If you wear glasses and are going on fast bumpy rides, you may want to look at some type of glasses restraint so they don't fall off.  I lost my glasses in the River Ride at Aquatica, luckily they landed on my feet.

I think the advantage would be not having to carry a water bottle.  But I would not wear one into a theme park.  I will wear a tiara and a gaudy WW necklace with or without a flamingo on the end, and asd many clothes as I can pile on at 12:30am on a cold night in February, but I would not wear one of those.  I think.

I think the advantage would be not having to carry a water bottle.  But I would not wear one into a theme park.  I will wear a tiara and a gaudy WW necklace with or without a flamingo on the end, and asd many clothes as I can pile on at 12:30am on a cold night in February, but I would not wear one of those.  I think.

So, it's easier to lug that thing around, and have to take it off so you can sit down in the ride vehicles?

I don't see that as being better than carrying a water bottle.

Maybe if you filled it with some punch or something. ;)

TCD