Top Ten Items to have with you in a Disney Park

TCD, you are correct with it getting in your way on rides, but it would be no worse then a backpack.  I use one when I got out in my kayak on longer rides, but it's stowed behind my seat.  Comes in handy in certain situations.  I'm not sure if they would allow a filled one into the park, sort of like the security checkpoints at the airports.  Who knows what someone would have it filled with.  You could fit a lot of margaritas in there.  We haven't been in Disney parks for a couple of years, but Busch Gardens/Sea World will allow full "factory" sealed drink containers, or totally empty ones.

I used to bring a camelbak into the parks (offbrand, but the same concept) It was actually pretty good for our marathon days of touring the parks. I could bring a bladder filled mostly with ice and a little water, then it would melt as the day went on and I had good cold water all day.  We haven't marathon toured in years, so don't bother with it.

We were at the park this past August and found we could not live without FroggToggs, they were a life saver!  Kept us from getting overheated, especially the little ones.  they would lay on them in the stroller and take naps.  We bought them because they were highly recommended and I was hesitant b/c of the price but they are worth every penny!

We haven't been in Disney parks for a couple of years, but Busch Gardens/Sea World will allow full "factory" sealed drink containers, or totally empty ones.

You can bring opened drinks into the Disney parks.  The containers do not have to be factory sealed.  And those refillable mugs?  People carry them right in.  They could be filled with anything.  No one checks.

TCD

I am born and raised in Central FL and have been to Disney more times than I can count. Less is more, you don't want to lug around a heavy backpack all day. If you have small kids, ignore the previous sentence ;)  I think the most important thing I bring these days is EXCEDRINE!! Sunglasses are also a must. I only use a "wallet on a string" that has enough room for my camera and cell phone. I usually don't bring a water bottle with me, I buy a bottle early on then just keep that bottle and refill it from water fountains. Of course comfortable shoes is a given. That's pretty much it.

Why carry a water bottle around all day when ice water is free at all CS?

And we've never carried an extra pair of socks.  Haven't even thought about it.  Never needed them.  Not even when TJ misled us into thinking we wouldn't get too wet on Kali.   :rofl2:

Band aids, aspirin, etc., can be gotten free at any first aid station.  Why bother to pack them?

My must haves (other than the obvious tickets, credit card, camera, etc.) -- chap stick, sun visor, sunglasses, and a happy face.  Anything else we need is just a short ride away.

Why carry a water bottle around all day when ice water is free at all CS?

And we've never carried an extra pair of socks.  Haven't even thought about it.  Never needed them.  Not even when TJ misled us into thinking we wouldn't get too wet on Kali.   :rofl2:

Band aids, aspirin, etc., can be gotten free at any first aid station.  Why bother to pack them?

My must haves (other than the obvious tickets, credit card, camera, etc.) -- chap stick, sun visor, sunglasses, and a happy face.  Anything else we need is just a short ride away.

I prefer to carry a water bottle so I don't need to spend time at a CS asking for a small glasses of ice water.

Nicki was grateful for the extra socks I brought into the parks at the last WWW. ;)

Band Aids, asprin, etc.  - I would rather tend to blisters etc. on the People Mover than at a first aid station and washing down some Advil with the water from my water bottle while on line for It's a Small World just keeps the fun moving along. :D

BUT!! I have only been in a WDW park four times in my life.  Each time, I have tried to pack as much fun as possible into the time I have there.  This is what has worked well for me - YMMV.

BTW, both times I went to a park with children, we used a stroller.  First time, with a 6yo, 5yo, and 3yo, we rented a double stroller and were very happy with it.  Last time, with 6 kids but only the 3yo likely to use the stroller, we brought our own in.  Both times, not only were the younger children glad to have it (all three in the double stroller by the end of the first time), my dh and I were happy to have a place to store all the things we had brought in.  With the 6, we had brought food for the whole day in with us.  Having the stroller to put the soft sided cooler in was great.  It also held the sweatshirts we shed as the day got warmer and spare clothes for the youngest who wanted to wear her Cinderella dress to meet Cindy but was happy to change into a more comfy dress later and then into something else when her clothes got wet on Splash Mountain. :)

You can bring opened drinks into the Disney parks.  The containers do not have to be factory sealed.  And those refillable mugs?  People carry them right in.  They could be filled with anything.  No one checks.

TCD

I "forgot" to empty my refillable mug aka beer mug a few times this past August

The same company makes the bottle and the backpack style thing. All the teens are carrying those bottles these days.

Strollers are great for storage. I will say that!

TCD

Very true. Who would sneak anything in those? :clint:

1. Money. Beers aren't cheap.

2. Lite back pack. To carry all of DW and DDs stuff

3. Ponchos. If it rains we keep on going.

4. Two bottles of water. One frozen. DW will refill them with free water at CS but drinks a lot of water and we would be at CS every 1/2 hour to get water.

5. Money. See # 1

6. Sunscreen. It wears off and need to reapply.

7. iPhone. Mainly use as camera and when we get separated.

8. Camera. iPhone doesn't take pictures as well as camera.

9. Money. See # 5 & 1

10. GAC. But when I win the lottery I'm hiring one of those guides the rich New Yorkers use. Lol

I only need to pack INC.  She takes care of the rest. 

In reality, we don't pack many of those items.  Our park excursions are usually no longer than a run to Walmart.  We get in and get out.  So my park packing list is very similar to what I would bring to Walmart.   Comfortable shoes.  A good attitude.  Zanax.  Ok, not really Zanax.  But I do bring my pointer finger.  I find myself pointing to a lot of people and whispering to INC "look at THAT!". 

The same company makes the bottle and the backpack style thing. All the teens are carrying those bottles these days.

That's funny that the Camelback water bottle fad is going on in Georgia too.

How do these things happen?

All of my daughters suddenly had to have one of these water bottles over the summer.   Things like this have been around for years, now, all of a sudden, it's cool?

TCD

That's funny that the Camelback water bottle fad is going on in Georgia too.

How do these things happen?

All of my daughters suddenly had to have one of these water bottles over the summer.   Things like this have been around for years, now, all of a sudden, it's cool?

TCD

My 8 year old granddaughter has a similar looking Brita waterbottle, but it has a changeable filter in the straw.  Don't know where/why my daughter got it.  Water fountains and hoses used to be good enough for us! :-)