Hello, Long time Disney camper, but new to Fort Fiends. Here is my dilemma: I have reservations for a tent camp site December 20th-21st, and the 22nd-23rd. I know they book almost 500 days in advance and it is near impossible to get nights that close to Christmas. I was hoping someone on here had some advice, or heck even someone with a change of plans, and that isnt able to stay that night. I'm not sure if sites/reservations can be traded like DVC points/reservations but if so I'd be willing to try. 

Any information will help. Thanks from a new Fort Fiend.

Eric C

I would keep trying, the closer you get to the dates, you might be able to find something. Folks cancel all the time.  45 days out is the package cancellation date, 5 days out is the site only cancellation date.

Keep trying for individual dates, and also long dates longer than you need even.  I have the most luck with 2 week reservations starting and ending on a Wednesday.  Once you get that, call back and cancel the days you don't need.

Also recommend trying one of our sponsor travel agents.  Let them do all the work :) My personal favorite is [email protected]   :)

x2 for Jason!

I finally stopped :banghead:

and he made it happen! :jumpforjoy

Another Jason fan!  I'm a stay at home mom with access to a computer all day, I couldn't for the life of me get a ressie.   I gave it over to Jason and he took care of us!

As others have already said, travel agents can access things that us regular schmos can't.

Disney is stupid for setting up their reservation system that way.  They pay travel agents commissions, so the use of their services does not cost you, the customer, but it does cost Disney.

I guess they don't care too much- they just raise the rates to make up for it.

TCD

As others have already said, travel agents can access things that us regular schmos can't.

Disney is stupid for setting up their reservation system that way. They pay travel agents commissions, so the use of their services does not cost you, the customer, but it does cost Disney.

I guess they don't care too much- they just raise the rates to make up for it.

TCD

I have wondered if in a way it saves them money. They don't have to staff as many people which means no payroll, hr, vacation, or other expenditures for the warm body answering the phone. Either way I happy for the work.

I have wondered if in a way it saves them money. They don't have to staff as many people which means no payroll, hr, vacation, or other expenditures for the warm body answering the phone. Either way I happy for the work.

Very good point.  Not to mention that the CM's who answer the phones border on incompetent.  You're right- Disney apparently wants guests to use travel agents.

As I said, in the long run, it doesn't really cost them money- they just past the cost on to the guests through raising rates.

TCD