Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I know the Halloween Party would be nuts to go on the First Party night, but what are your thoughts on going the first night of MVMCP? While we are there we can go the 8th,11th,14th, and 15th.  We will have been there a week already by the 8th so I know we will be ready. Does the Christmas party get as nuts as the Halloween Party?

Any thoughts on the Christmas Party?  Good or Bad?

Mucho Gracias in Advance

Laura

We went to MVMCP on the first night two years ago.  Never having been to the Halloween party, I guess I don't know what you mean by "nuts."  We had a good time, walked on a lot of rides, didn't have to wait long at all for cookies and hot chocolate, and I had a front row "seat" on Main Street for the second parade.  We are going this year on Nov. 14, and I'm hoping the experience will be as good as the last one.  

Oops!  Sugar-free treats at MVMCP are few and far between!  Since I'm not eating sweets this trip, I'll just skip the goodies and marvel at the gorgeous decorations and Christmas spirit at the party.  The parade is so pretty and so festive, and the fireworks are beautiful (of course, you can watch those from the Fort).  If you have little ones, there are special meet-and-greets, and Santa pulls up the rear in the parade.  Granted the party is quite expensive, but it's just my husband and me - and I want to do it again.  I love Christmastime at Disney World!

We've been to MVMCP twice.  It was fun, but frankly we don't think it is worth the cost.  (In both instances we didn't have to pay for the tickets.)

Gwen, I would have to beg to differ about not worth the cost. We have been to both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP and for the $60 or so dollars compared to the over $90 now for a single MK ticket, this is a super deal. You are still able to get in the park by 4pm and here are a few things you get that you don't with a normal $90 ticket

1. Special treats (which are free, nothing is ever free at Disney)

2. Special parades

3. Shorter lines at night most of the time compared to normal days

And my favorite.........

4. Watching unexpected tourist who didn't know about the special event who bought a reg. ticket being rustled up like a heard of cattle and being forced to leave the park after 7pm :)

Gwen, I would have to beg to differ about not worth the cost. We have been to both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP and for the $60 or so dollars compared to the over $90 now for a single MK ticket, this is a super deal. You are still able to get in the park by 4pm and here are a few things you get that you don't with a normal $90 ticket

1. Special treats (which are free, nothing is ever free at Disney)

2. Special parades

3. Shorter lines at night most of the time compared to normal days

And my favorite.........

4. Watching unexpected tourist who didn't know about the special event who bought a reg. ticket being rustled up like a heard of cattle and being forced to leave the park after 7pm :)

Obviously a lot of people disagree with me since they sell so many tickets!  But IMHO:

1.  The special treats SMB.

2.  Special parade is nice, but there are opportunities to see it without paying for MVMCP.

3.  Both times we've attended we did NOT experience shorter lines.  Many attractions were closed, and those that were open were slammed.  

4.  How can anyone not know about the event when signs are plastered everywhere?  Including signs at the entrances that say the party is tonight and MK will be closing at 7?

Obviously a lot of people disagree with me since they sell so many tickets!  But IMHO:

1.  The special treats SMB.

2.  Special parade is nice, but there are opportunities to see it without paying for MVMCP.

3.  Both times we've attended we did NOT experience shorter lines.  Many attractions were closed, and those that were open were slammed.  

4.  How can anyone not know about the event when signs are plastered everywhere?  Including signs at the entrances that say the party is tonight and MK will be closing at 7?

I agree each time is different. I took a bunch of co-workers to MVMCP last year on a Tue and it was the best one I was ever at. Walk on and walk off every ride after 9pm. I just think for the price if your not a pass holder is great vs the single day ticket price. And remember. We are talking about Disney the largest tourist capital with stupid people from all over the world and they don't see the signs. Morons...lol

We are talking about Disney the largest tourist capital with stupid people from all over the world and they don't see the signs. Morons...lol

Reminds me of people who know the ship is sailing at 5 and are standing on the dock at 5:05 watching in disbelief that the ship is sailing without them.

This is just a WAG (wild a$$ guess) but I would think the first night of both parties would not be as crowded as dates closer to actual holiday.  They start having them so early it always takes me by surprise that they have started. But I am always surprised at the first of August when I start seeing Halloween decorations in the stores. We have APs and enjoy going to the MK on the day of the party. It seems like smaller crowds from the people that do read the signs.   

Having already bought our tix- I'm going to remain excited for the party & go in with no expectations either way & an open mond.  Hard to be disappointed that way. :)

We'll probably never get back to Disney so it seemed stupid NOT to do the MVMCP.