Anyone have suggestions for a dehumidifier?

Due to our severe mold problem over the summer, we've decided to get a 70-pint dehumidifier to run 24/7 in the moho (except for in freezing temps).

Because of all the rain we've had, it's next to impossible to buy one locally.  It's like trying to find a Kerosun heater when electric service has been out for three days all over town and it's zero degrees out (been there, done that too).

So I'm researching online.  Reading lots of reviews. But I'd rather have fiend recommendations than stranger recommendations.

Our requirements are that it be:

- 70 pints

- Have a hose connection for dumping

- Be reliable

- Have an automatic cutoff

Thanks for your help!

We should probably do this too. What have you found?

A couple of possibilities online at Home Depot.  Need to check some more places.  Was hoping the fiends would have recommendations.  Will let you know when we decide on something.

Fulltiming  we decided a dehumidifier was a must. Especially after waking up one morning to 75% humidity INSIDE the camper. So we purchased one.

We paid about $140 for a GL-DEH-30-1 http://www.soleusair.com/gl_deh_30_1.html

Not a 70 pint like you want, but it has the hose connection, auto shut off, and is reliable. You can set the humidity you want  to maintain and it will cycle on and off to maintain that. The hose bypasses the collection bucket so if you have a hose connected, you can leave it for a while. It has wheels to roll it around and is not heavy.

$(KGrHqFHJBkFI2pBMyI5BSRVSdykqg~~60_35.J

GL-DEH-30-1

30 PINT ENERGY STAR

DEHUMIDIFIER

More powerful, more reliable,

and more Energy efficient

• Digital humidistat

• Low temperature operation

down to 41° F

• 3 Fan speeds

• Loss of power protection

with auto restart

• Automatic shut-off with

bucket full indicator and alarm

• Automatic defrost

• Automatic Shut-off timer

• Garden hose connector for

continuous drainage

SPECIFICATIONS

Voltage: 115 V (60HZ)
Watts: 420 W
Amps: 3.8 A
Dehumidifying Capacity:

30 Pints/ Day
Air Flow (H/M/L):

109/97/85 CFM
Noise Level: 55 dB (A)

Product Dimension:

13.5” W x 10.25”D x 19.5” H
Product Weight: 34 lbs

That's what I thought too, but that's what Home Depot recommends.  Will look at other options.

The one I have will maintain a consistent 40% humidity level and will only require dumping once a day. To bring it down from the 75% to 40% it only took 3 to 4 hours. We place it in the living room area, which is the middle of the camper and it maintains the level throughout the whole camper. A 30 pint should be enough for you as well.

Fulltiming  we decided a dehumidifier was a must. Especially after waking up one morning to 75% humidity INSIDE the camper. So we purchased one.

We paid about $140 for a GL-DEH-30-1 http://www.soleusair.com/gl_deh_30_1.html

Not a 70 pint like you want, but it has the hose connection, auto shut off, and is reliable. You can set the humidity you want  to maintain and it will cycle on and off to maintain that. The hose bypasses the collection bucket so if you have a hose connected, you can leave it for a while. It has wheels to roll it around and is not heavy.

$(KGrHqFHJBkFI2pBMyI5BSRVSdykqg~~60_35.J

GL-DEH-30-1

30 PINT ENERGY STAR

DEHUMIDIFIER

More powerful, more reliable,

and more Energy efficient

• Digital humidistat

• Low temperature operation

down to 41° F

• 3 Fan speeds

• Loss of power protection

with auto restart

• Automatic shut-off with

bucket full indicator and alarm

• Automatic defrost

• Automatic Shut-off timer

• Garden hose connector for

continuous drainage

SPECIFICATIONS

Voltage: 115 V (60HZ)

Watts: 420 W

Amps: 3.8 A

Dehumidifying Capacity:

30 Pints/ Day

Air Flow (H/M/L):

109/97/85 CFM

Noise Level: 55 dB (A)

Product Dimension:

13.5” W x 10.25”D x 19.5” H

Product Weight: 34 lbs

Per the picture it looks exactly like my GE. We use it in the basement and it does a great job. Had it for at least 2 years.

The one I have will maintain a consistent 40% humidity level and will only require dumping once a day. To bring it down from the 75% to 40% it only took 3 to 4 hours. We place it in the living room area, which is the middle of the camper and it maintains the level throughout the whole camper. A 30 pint should be enough for you as well.

Dave, we've been debating where to place the dehumidifier in the coach.  You answered one of our questions!

But the 30-pint issue ... I'm still not sure about that.  I'm assuming with you living in FL that you are running your air conditioners full time, and they will draw out a lot of moisture.  Our coach sits all summer without the air ever being turned on, so our dehumidifier will have to do a lot more work.

We have mold in our tt up on the blue ridge parkway for the first time since we have had it. This was a very damp summer around here. I am interested to see what you get as I may do the same.

Zane, we're in W-S too!  Near Meadowlark schools.

We keep the A/C set around 80-85 unless we're working in there.  Then we run it down to 70-75.  Never had a mold problem.   A few years back, when I was between marriages, I tried to save a few bucks in the house by shutting off A/C registers in rooms that weren't being used.  Bad decision.  Mold on EVERTHING.  :bugeyes: