From the Disney Food Blog, Be Our Guest has now turned their special "The Grey Stuff" dessert into a cupcake...

The Master’s Cupcake — A.K.A. The “Grey Stuff” Cupcake!

Beauty and the Beast fans will recall that Lumiere encourages Belle to “try the grey stuff, it’s delicious, don’t believe me?, ask the dishes!”

Since the restaurant opened, guests have been able to try “the grey stuff” as a special celebration dessert.

The-Grey-Stuff-600x457.jpg

The Grey Stuff

But now they’ve created an entire cupcake celebrating this sweet surprise! Check it out!!

Masters-Cupcake-459x625.jpg

The Master's Cupcake -- aka the Grey Stuff Cupcake!

Yep — the grey stuff (which is actually a cookies and cream panna cotta that’s been whipped into a creamy dessert) tops a chocolate cupcake in the Beast’s castle these days! It’s the same price and size as all lunch cupcakes: $3.19, and you can get it for a Disney Dining Plan snack credit. It’s now the top dessert item listed on the menu.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/09/25/new-the-gray-stuff-cupcake-and-other-menu-updates-at-disney-worlds-be-our-guest-restaurant/

• 3 months later...

Maybe it's because we were beginning with the Disney Death Sickness of Croup, but none of us were amazed by the grey stuff cupcake. I thought it tasted slightly like a chocolate mousse, but it left a real oily feel in my mouth. Maybe it was just the let down caused by expectations that were too high, I don't know. :(

Maybe it's because we were beginning with the Disney Death Sickness of Croup, but none of us were amazed by the grey stuff cupcake. I thought it tasted slightly like a chocolate mousse, but it left a real oily feel in my mouth. Maybe it was just the let down caused by expectations that were too high, I don't know. :(

Perks of the job:

The other night I was working in the study with the master (the beast) and we got one of the grey stuff cupcakes at the end of the night. It wasn't as good as the actual grey stuff. The cake masks the grey stuff itself. It was still good, just not what I expected.