• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She looks good, Jason. Mike and I were happy to be a part of bringing Maria to her new home. I hope you and Sil have many happy years of camping with her!

She does look good.

:bravo:   Great report!!! 

Work! Why the heck is she working on the day your taking Maria out on her maiden voyage? Is Sil getting jealous of your "other" women? Lol!

How far is your drive tomorrow?

Is the waffle maker loaded up and ready to cook?

Are Maria's shoes properly inflated? What about the uhauls tires? Did you check the spare? Did you put on the safety chains? What about weight distribution? Don't over load Maria or the truck? Make sure you go to the bathroom before you leave because we are not stopping till we get there! Lol!

Have a safe and fun trip and take lots of pix for those of us who are jealous because we can't be there.

I've eyed those Uhaul trucks before. I've often thought about, if I buy a camper, just storing it somewhere near the Fort and renting a Uhaul truck to move it over to my site and back to storage at the end of the trip. At $20/day, it's a lot cheaper than the extra $300 in gas I'd spend (minimum) hauling it down there and back. How was the hitch situation? Quality? Are the tires, etc in good shape?

This truck is so new still it smells it. Only had 1400 miles when I picked it up. Hutch was solid came with a 2 inch ball but it only has connections for a 4 prong.

To answer Ray. The pup has brand new tires and spare. The waffle maker is loaded. The safety chains are connected. Weight is nicely distributed in Maria.

In terms of working at the school she teaches at they watch Friday and Monday sick days big time. I have work tomorrow too but I will be out and loaded for when she gets home.

I've eyed those Uhaul trucks before. I've often thought about, if I buy a camper, just storing it somewhere near the Fort and renting a Uhaul truck to move it over to my site and back to storage at the end of the trip. At $20/day, it's a lot cheaper than the extra $300 in gas I'd spend (minimum) hauling it down there and back. How was the hitch situation? Quality? Are the tires, etc in good shape?

Hey you changed your name!

There are companies that will move the trailer to and from for you.  Some storage places provide that service, too.  But then you'd have no vehicle to get around in.

And, as we have seen here, I am sure many fiends staying at the Fort or living nearby wouldn't mind jockeying your trailer to and from a local lot!

But how much are you going to pay for storage?