I have a friend with APs that has a trip planned for the week after Thanksgiving to see the Christmas decorations. Since they have the passes they are considering a quick November 2-4 trip in the hopes of seeing fall decor. For those of you who are CMs or are there a lot just after Halloween, when is the change over? Is it gradual?

The only place with any significant Fall décor is the Magic Kingdom.

The last Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is November 1.

The first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is November 8.

They will be busy between the 2nd and 8th getting the Fall stuff down and the Christmas stuff up. Not very gradual.

They might see some fall décor on the 2nd, but probably not past that.

TCD

I just checked my photos from last year.  According to touringplans.com, the last MNSSHP in 2012 was November 2.  The MK still had Halloween decorations up on November 3.  When we went back to MK on November 6, it was all decked out for Christmas.

How about at the Fort?  How quickly does the Halloween Stuff come down and Christmas stuff up? We have our golf carts all decked out for fall and my husband loves those decorations and does not want me to change the golf carts to Christmas Decor. BUT we are bringing Christmas decorations for the camp site and Mom's cabin. 11/2-11/16 How weird will that look!

There is nothing gradual about WDW decorating for a holiday. One day it will be Halloween, the next its Christmas. BAM, just like that.

This year, the Christmas decorations all over Disney property will go up on 7 Nov. There is no in between.

As for campers decorating, depends on how long their stay is, but most keep their Halloween decorations up until their vacation is over. So they could see some still up.

Others may follow suit and decorate for Christmas at that time but most will honor Thanksgiving as a holiday and decorate for that.

There is nothing gradual about WDW decorating for a holiday. One day it will be Halloween, the next its Christmas. BAM, just like that.

This year, the Christmas decorations all over Disney property will go up on 7 Nov. There is no in between.

It is a monumental task to change out the decorations.  Will you ever get called it to assist?

It is a monumental task to change out the decorations.  Will you ever get called it to assist?

Nope. They have a team of seasonal cast that start around Sept and work through Feb and that is their job. Decorate the World. They maintain the decorations as well. So everynight they repair and replace anything that needs it.

I thought I remembered that the official resort Christmas decorations don't go up until after Thanksgiving. Is that not right? I seemed to remember that the Fort was one of the last ones to get decorated too.

TCD didn't you watch them decorate the Fort up one trip?

WBI

Edit: Pretty sure I'm wrong, I found some of my old pics and it looks like the resort decorations were up around Nov. 10th but please correct me if thats not right.

I thought I remembered that the official resort Christmas decorations don't go up until after Thanksgiving. Is that not right? I seemed to remember that the Fort was one of the last ones to get decorated too.

TCD didn't you watch them decorate the Fort up one trip?

WBI

Edit: Pretty sure I'm wrong, I found some of my old pics and it looks like the resort decorations were up around Nov. 10th but please correct me if thats not right.

Good memory.

Yes, there was one trip that the Fort didn't get its official Christmas decorations until the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving.  That could have been weather related.  But, yes, I did get to see them putting up the Christmas tree outside of Trail's End, and all the rest of the decorations.

In the past few years, the decorations have gone up by mid-November.

TCD

p.s. How is the prince coming along?

Good memory.

Yes, there was one trip that the Fort didn't get its official Christmas decorations until the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. That could have been weather related. But, yes, I did get to see them putting up the Christmas tree outside of Trail's End, and all the rest of the decorations.

In the past few years, the decorations have gone up by mid-November.

TCD

p.s. How is the prince coming along?

Thanks I thought I was remembering right.

The little guy is coming along great, only one month to go and the doctor said yesterday that he had a feeling we would be a week early... I guess I better get ready.

WBI