If you live in the Atlanta area...I have tickets for sale.

Disney goofed up on A LOT of stuff, during our visit in 2012, so they gave us 5 tickets (what we had purchased for that trip). We used 3 of the tickets this year, and were going to use the other two next year...but have decided to purchase annual passes since we are planning three trips to the fort in 2014.

All that said, I am going to sell the two tickets we have.  Price is $700 for both.  They are adult, park hopper (no water parks), with an expiration date of 2023 (which means would use them in 2015...but we need the money in 2014 to apply towards the annual pass purchase).  

These tickets have not been used (no fingerprints scanned onto them).  Cash only and we'll meet at a public place in a location that (hopefully) works well for us both  ::)

Edited:  Price will be $650 for both.  Each ticket is a 5 day park hopper (no water parks).

Not these  :unsure:   The email from Disney specifically said that they "could not be upgraded or applied toward a package to meet eligibility requirements".

I wish I could trade them in on an annual pass...that would work perfect as we'll need to buy 3 of them (thank you for the suggestion though!).

Just an FYI - the price you are asking for those tickets is the same price Undercover Tourist has 5-day hoppers for and they are fully upgradeable. and folks that subscribe to the Mousesavers newsletter can get fully upgradeable 5-day hoppers for 341.87 each.

Thanks Carol!  That's helpful to know.  Looks like we should drop the price...so we'll offer them both for $650 (I'll edit my original post now...plus update how many days are on the tickets, since I forgot  :unsure:) .  I have them on craigslist here in Atlanta, and have had a couple of inquiries so, I think I'll be able to sell them.

Thanks again!

I need some 5 day tickets for some family members that are coming to the Fort in December.  $650 would be only $325 pers ticket for the 5 days and they are park hopper?

I live in Stone Mountain.   I will pm you my e-mail.    Looking forward to hearing from you.  Thanks,  Judy

Hi Judy!

Sorry...busy day.

I apologize as there has been a change.  I logged on tonight, to post a notice that the tickets were no longer available.  Talked with my folks late last night; they believe that are going to join us at the Fort next fall so...we're going to let them use the tickets.  I had no idea that they had any interest in going back, or I would have never listed them for sale.  I apologize again.

Thank you for offering to purchase them.  Carol gave some places above, that offer discounted tickets...not much higher than what I was selling mine for.  Maybe you can pick some up there?

Thanks again and have a GREAT trip!!

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI - the price you are asking for those tickets is the same price Undercover Tourist has 5-day hoppers for and they are fully upgradeable. and folks that subscribe to the Mousesavers newsletter can get fully upgradeable 5-day hoppers for 341.87 each.

Undercover tourist tickets are upgradeable, BUT they are discounted tickets and not disney tickets. We found out the hard way. I will NEVER buy anything from undercover tourist again. 

Undercover tourist tickets are upgradeable, BUT they are discounted tickets and not disney tickets. We found out the hard way. I will NEVER buy anything from undercover tourist again. 

I'm sorry you had an issue. I've always gotten real Disney tickets from Undercover tourist and used them exactly as I would Disney tickets.

I'm sorry you had an issue. I've always gotten real Disney tickets from Undercover tourist and used them exactly as I would Disney tickets.

Same here.  We bought our tix from UT last year and upgraded them to APs without any trouble.

Back then you could bridge the cost of the UT tix to the gate price and save some extra, but apparently that changed earlier this year and you now only get the value of what you paid for the tickets credited towards and upgrade.

jugman - can you elaborate on what happened with the tickets you bought?  I know a lot of people have recommended UT in the past and it would be good to know if something has changed.

I'm not understanding it - I have purchased form both Undercover Tourist and AAA and received the same discounted real Disney tickets.....

Back then you could bridge the cost of the UT tix to the gate price and save some extra, but apparently that changed earlier this year and you now only get the value of what you paid for the tickets credited towards and upgrade.

Since folks have reported that the bridge has not worked, I have done some further checking with "ticket experts" and the bridge from discount ticket sellers is still supposed to work. The bridge from older unused tickets bought directly from Disney has definitely been stopped, and it appears most CMs can't figure out the difference. I'm going to try it again this summer, and buy tickets from UT before the price increase and turn them into APs at Halloween.  We'll see what happens.

... I'm going to try it again this summer, and buy tickets from UT before the price increase and turn them into APs at Halloween.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks for looking into this, Carol!  I'll definitely be interested to hear more, as we're due to buy APs this year for our November trip.  I'd love to be able to do what we did last time, as it saved us about $40 per pass.

Yes the tickets were good, we just decided to get ap's and when we did we were told that we had "discounted" tickets. I don't know what that meant, but we DID NOT get what we paid UT for them. I called and ask UT about them and they did not care. I hope nobody else has the same problem, but I WILL NOT EVER buy from them again. My opinion is they knew exactly what was going on. I also think they had bought alot of the pre-increase tickets and thats what we got. POS is what I think of them. 

We've had reports that Disney isn't giving face value for discounted tickets any more (Carol is looking into that more) but they definitely should have still given you credit for what you paid for the tickets from UT.  Not cool at all if there were shenanigans on UTs side that led you to believe the tickets were worth more (i.e., what you paid for them) than they actually were.

Big note, did you use them in a turnstyle before attempting to upgrade?  That is a big factor on what you get as trade-in.  It could very well be that those were some tickets that they purchased from Disney before the annual price increase.  They sell as much of their stock as they can at the lower price for a few days after Disney's price increase is announced, but they may have a few left over that they start to sell at their new prices.

So if you never used them in a turnstyle, then YES, Disney is only going to offer you what Undercover Tourist originally paid for them which may have been less than what you paid UT if you bought them after UT raised their prices.

For most folks it matters not what UT originally paid for the tickets, because 99% of folks use them as is. For those trying to play the upgrade game it is VERY CRUCIAL to use them in a turnstyle at least once, then upgrade within 7 days after first use.