Ants in the Cheerios - Final Update 12/21

I do like Carol, only on Picasa.  I just do a bulk upload....usually around 100 pics at a time but it depends on how many I have from a weekend or whatnot.  It looks like many of them in Picasa are 3 or 4 MB in size.  For a single pic to link over here, I right click on the pic in Picasa and select "Copy Image URL".  Then I just paste that into the image box here.  

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you x 2.   The PGA has chaplains, too.  But I don't think he would want to be on the road so much and away from his family right now since his children are so young.  We'll see.

Sorry about the picture sizes, guys.  They are all exactly the same size and at the same PPI.  I have no idea what's going on.

Tuesday, November 12 – How Much Can I Eat in One Day? - Part 3

We left the car at DHS and enjoyed a leisurely cruise to Beach Club.

01boattobeachclub.jpg

02boatride.jpg

03boatride2.jpg

04atdock.jpg

05walkuppier.jpg

06lookingback.jpg

07pool.jpg

08ship.jpg

09beachcluboutside.jpg

10beachclubinside.jpg

No, David doesn't wear size 20 shoes!

11nohisfeetarenthuge.jpg

Our destination was Cape May for dinner.  Yes, we ate two buffets in one day!  We were crazy!

I started with some kind of leek soup.  Delicious!

12food1.jpg

More food, clockwise from top.  Seafood salad, recommended by server, but it was disgusting.  Next was clarified butter -- hard to mess that up.  Then red pepper hummus -- so so.  Cheese - great!  Cold roasted asparagus -- to die for!  Olives -- what's not to like? 

13food2.jpg

Then crab legs.  I so agree with Mo.  They were small, stringy, and hard to crack.  But they did taste good, so I battled through a bunch.

14food3.jpg

Clockwise from top.  The veggies were delicious.  The salmon was very good.  Calamari was probably the best I've ever had.

15food4.jpg

More crab legs.

16food6.jpg

Dessert.  Strawberry shortcake on the left (I only ate the strawberries) and I don't know what on the right.  I only got it so I could eat the berries on the top.

17food7dessert.jpg

Took a few more pics outside before we caught the boat back to DHS.  The boardwalk area is so beautiful at night!

18darkwhenweexited.jpg

20dark3.jpg

19dark2.jpg

Then we went to see:

21OsborneLights1.jpg

22OL2.jpg

23OL3.jpg

24OL4.jpg

25ol5.jpg

28OL8.jpg

The Osborne Lights were spectacular, as always.  I claim bragging rights on being the first FF to post pics of this year's lights.

On our way out of the park I found this cute window display:

29window.jpg

We said goodbye to DHS and took a tram back to our car.

30tram.jpg

It had been a long day!

I'm not interested in most of the Disney hotels, but I really want to stay at the Beach Club some day.  We would love to spend time at Stormalong Bay, and get something to drink from the pool bar.  Looks great.  

Cape May looks like I'd enjoy it.  I do get annoyed with difficult crab legs though.  The calamari does look good...not too greasy.  But olives?  No way!  The one food on the planet I cannot even stand a tiny bit of.  

Wednesday, November 13

Woke up to a cold, windy morning.  Had wind gusts up to 35 mph today.  All watercraft transportation was halted.

001choppywater.jpg

Needless to say, I ate way too much yesterday.  And my stomach wasn't feeling so great today.

So we stayed in, and I had an Atkins breakfast bar.  Kassie wasn't eating well either.  I forget what David had for breakfast. 

Then David said, "I know what Kassie needs to eat her breakfast."  He threw a handful of Cheerios in her bowl. 

And then he tossed a handful of Cheerios in his mouth ...

And then he suddenly went running out of the moho! 

He came back a few minutes later and said the Cheerios were full of ants.  He had spit out everything he could but was sure he had eaten some!

So after I quit laughing we turned in our rental car and spent the morning in AK. 

002tree.jpg

First on the agenda was our FP to ITTBAB.  IBALT (it's been a long time).

We started walking in that direction, were barely into the park, when we were surprised by  -- DIT ALERT- hit page down three times right now  -- Devine off to the right.  A different Devine than the ones we'd seen on earlier trips and in a totally different location.

003devine1.jpg

004devine2.jpg

Gotcha, Dave!

005devinecloseupforDIT.jpg

We continued on to ITTBAB.

006ITTBAB1.jpg

007ITTBAB2.jpg

008ITTBAB3.jpg

009ITTBAB4.jpg

Next we had FPs to meet Mickey and Minnie, so we walked in that direction.

010walking01.jpg

011walking02.jpg

012walking03.jpg

013walking04.jpg

014walking05.jpg

015walking06.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of tree this is?  It really has unusual bark.

016walking07tree.jpg

017walking08signs.jpg

018walking09.jpg

019EE1.jpg

020EE2.jpg

Any fiends riding?

021EE3anyfiends.jpg

022walking10.jpg

023walking11flower.jpg

024walking12bird.jpg

See the strange thing in the very center of this next photo?  Does anyone know what it is?

025walking13thingintree.jpg

To be continued ...

No, just the Cheerios.  But there were still plenty marching around the kitchen area.  We're hoping the freezing temps we've had here since we got home have killed them off.

Next trip to the fort I will be armed.  Will spray the perimeter of our rig and also have something for inside.

Everest is my favorite!!!!

I don't dare ride Everest.  Would probably pass out.  Or at the least have a panic attack.

I bought the stuff that is supposed to be good for weeks after you spray it.  Two cans.  Because I am sure it will wash off every time it rains.

What brand would you recommend?  We had so much rain I'd better stock up.  Someone has mentioned that Terro is good for indoors.  Is it safe to use around pets?

Wednesday, November 13 - Part 2

We met Mickey and Minnie in their Christmas sweaters.  Aren't they cute?

00MickeyandMinnie.jpg

Then we went to:

01Nemo.jpg

02Nemo.jpg

03Nemo.jpg

04Nemo.jpg

05Nemo.jpg

05ANemo.jpg

06Nemo.jpg

07Nemo.jpg

08Nemo.jpg

09Nemo.jpg

10Nemo.jpg

11Nemo.jpg

12Nemo.jpg

13Nemo.jpg

14Nemo.jpg

15Nemo.jpg

After Nemo we said our goodbyes to AK and headed home.  We were greeted by:

18Kassiespresent.jpg

Who, me?

19whome.jpg

I didn't do that!

20noididnt.jpg

Schnauzers are garbage disposals.  They will get into anything they can find anywhere.  Kassie had climbed from the couch to the kitchen counter and retrieved a sack David had left in the sink.

While we were taking Kassie on a buggy ride this afternoon, Lou stopped by.  We hated that we missed him.

21littlepoolhouse.jpg

22emptypool.jpg

The lifeguards were all bundled up:

24lifeguardbundledup.jpg

A few people were in the pool -- they must be Canadians!

25peopleinpool.jpg

26settlementtp1.jpg

27settlementtp2outoffocus.jpg

28settlementtp3.jpg

After dinner (NY strip steaks smothered with gorgonzola cheese, along with a salad and baked potatoes) we did another first – went to Crockett’s Tavern. 

Well, we just went there.  No seats available.  A grouchy bartender.  No prices on the menu.  We ended up leaving without a drink.  Came back to the moho and made margaritas.

Just got caught up with all of the updates you posted over the past couple of days-

Great Photography!

Seriously, your photos taken inside the GMR and Toy Story Midway Mania are some of the best I've ever seen- the lighting in those attractions is tricky. Good job!

Congratulations for posting the first Osborne Lights photos! Those are great too!

And your Nemo photos? More great photos from a venue that has low lighting.

Is that tree with the interesting bark a crepe myrtle? It kind of looks like one.

TCD

http://www.terro.com/products/ant-spray

We've not done Crockett's Tavern, wonder why they don't list prices.

I can't wait to see the Nemo show again.  Thanks for the photo memories.

Even the bartender didn't know the prices.  She had to look them up.  David asked about the price of a margarita, and it was almost $12.  

Now I'm hungry for steak. 

:rofl2:   Now I'm just plain hungry.

Just got caught up with all of the updates you posted over the past couple of days-

Great Photography!

Seriously, your photos taken inside the GMR and Toy Story Midway Mania are some of the best I've ever seen- the lighting in those attractions is tricky. Good job!

Congratulations for posting the first Osborne Lights photos! Those are great too!

And your Nemo photos? More great photos from a venue that has low lighting.

Is that tree with the interesting bark a crepe myrtle? It kind of looks like one.

TCD

Thanks for the compliments on my photos!  I did have to tweak the Nemo photos a bit to get the lighting to look right.

Next trip on the darkest attractions I'm gonna try my f1.4 prime lens.  Only problem is that it's manual focus.  And it doesn't zoom, but if I shoot at 20MG I'll be able to crop and compensate.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that tree was a crepe myrtle.  It was too tall, and the base was at least 10-12" in diameter.  

Thursday, November 14 - Part 1

A great day at EPCOT!.  We missed our FP time for Test Track, so we went in the single rider line and ended up being seated together.

Since we were in the single rider line, we bypassed designing our own car.

01TT1.jpg

02tt2.jpg

03tt3.jpg

04tt4.jpg

05TestTrackattractionphoto.jpg

I thought the renovation was better than the old version.  And have they sped up the cars?  We hit 59.6 mph.

David had to check out this Corvette.  One of his coworkers is ordering a 2014 special edition.

06ttcorvette.jpg

We had lunch ADRs at Chefs de France, so we started walking counterclockwise around WS.

07ballandtrees.jpg

08lakeandfrance.jpg

09steakhousesign.jpg

10canada1.jpg

11canada2.jpg

12canada3.jpg

13uk1.jpg

14uk2.jpg

15uk3.jpg

16uk4.jpg

17uk5.jpg

18uk6.jpg

20uk8.jpg

This my favorite resting spot in WS.  There are rarely many people there.  Quiet and peaceful:

19uk7relax.jpg

21uk9.jpg

Aah, there's our destination.  I'm getting hungry.

23france1.jpg

25france3.jpg

26france4.jpg

27france5.jpg

28france6.jpg

Coming up next ... an unbeilevable PP Photographer!

Gwen, your photos are exquisite! I hate to keep saying that over and over again, but I can't get over how you seem to capture the spirit of the parks.  As I said before, I feel as if I am right there.  I think the camera has a lot to do with the crispness of the photos, but your artistic eye for detail is what makes these pictures so captivating.  The picture of that solemn little park in the midst of the chaos of a theme park just took my breath away.  Gosh, Gwen, you could almost build an entire scrapbook theme on that one photo!  Good job!!

Note to self:  try to figure out a way to steal Gwen's photos for my scrapbook!   :wave1:

We always get some fish and chips and beer from the take out window and enjoy them back in that garden.  Of course, just the fact that my gang is back there means it is not peaceful.  Imagine Anna running around an English garden.  I hope we haven't bothered too many people.  :rofl3:

I'd love to see Anna running around that garden!