Taking one set of Grandkids and their parents to WDW in June next year and staying at the Fort.

I would like your experiences and suggestions as to the best "Disney for Dummies" book to order.

We don't expect to do everything in the time we have available, just want to do the best we can with the time we do have. Just makes sense the Fiends would be the best source for this information.

Thanks in advance for your input

Ken

If you are interested in non-fluff information and good touring plans, get the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

If you want fluff and pretty pictures, get Birnbaum's Guide to Walt Disney World

Passporter is another good guide. They have pocket pages to hold paperwork, and places to record information.

I've actually met the Unofficial Guide Author's and the Passporter Authors'. Good people :)

As long as you can tolerate sarcasm (and if you're here you probably can), start reading easywdw.com. It's free. He's in the parks all the time and talks about strategy. He also has a least crowded park chart, touring plans, and other info. It's all free. And often funny.

As long as you can tolerate sarcasm (and if you're here you probably can), start reading easywdw.com. It's free. He's in the parks all the time and talks about strategy. He also has a least crowded park chart, touring plans, and other info. It's all free. And often funny.

And Kelly's boyfriend :) sorry, I had to in honor of Lou.

I know, Lou isn't here to pick on me. 

For the record, Josh IS NOT my boyfriend, but I do think he ROCKS!

He takes awesome pictures, visits the parks regularly, discusses booze and food, makes fun of the DIS boards... What's not to like?

Um, you have admitted in earlier posts that he is your boyfriend.

So you can't deny it now.

I used to pile on and make fun of him and other bloggers, but of all the ones I've read, I think Josh is pretty good.  I like his humor, and he doesn't sugar coat things like so many bloggers do.

So, I recommend EasyWDW too.

And, the official Disney site is much better than it used to be.  Between it, the bloggers and FortFiends.net, I can't see why you even need a guide book.

TCD

If he really was my boyfriend, I'd get to go to Disney a lot more..... hmmm.....

I agree, I like that he doesn't love everything or blast everything. And the official Disney site has gotten a lot better. I still prefer Easy though.

Here's an example with a goldmine of info for new people and even people like me who are touring at a different time than usual.

http://www.easywdw.com/category/cheat-sheets/

Those cheat sheets are GREAT!

Save your money and don't bother searching on another web site for info. You are already here, nobody knows more about WDW than we do, nobody knows more about the Fort than we do, and some people on the board are a little entertaining. You get the whole package here, without the fluff and bullshit.

Here is a question related to this topic. I remember back in the old days, like maybe 30 years ago, that Birnbaum's WAS the Unofficial Guide. Am I having a delusional flashback? It was before Birnbaum himself died and actually wrote the book.

Here is a question related to this topic. I remember back in the old days, like maybe 30 years ago, that Birnbaum's WAS the Unofficial Guide. Am I having a delusional flashback? It was before Birnbaum himself died and actually wrote the book.

I remeber growing up that the Birnbaum book was part of our pre-trip ritual. Going to the library or book store, getting it home and reading it cover to cover with my parents.

That would of been about 25 years ago though. Nowadays, I believe what is online eclipses anything the book can provide. I remember being disappointed last time I read through it a few years ago.