We Ate Some Stuff

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously.  Imagine beef stroganov, chicken and cream crepes and a chilled vodka drink of some sort.  Yum.  

Also as the Official Bartender of the NFO I must insist all libations must go through rigorous quality control testing. All samples must be a minimum of 16 oz and in a sealed unbreakable container. I

cinnamon rolls from disneyfood blog -  

Make sure you invite Bob, he'd love it.

He loves anything to do with AK.

And I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.   8)

OK kids, let's get this puppy wrapped up.  I've been reminded that some of us have other TR fish to fry...

Tea was so nice, I went there twice!

I was fortunately enough to enjoy tea at the GF with Fiend ladies twice this trip.  This second time I went with the Buckingham Tea...

"Our traditional tea sandwiches, scone, and jam tart. Complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, served with your choice of tea."

We also got an extra cheese plate with fruit...

10858788504_1d80e7e983_b.jpg

Finger sandwiches

10858682816_ca3176af17_b.jpg

If I remember correctly, these are (from left to right) - poached pear, curry chicken salad, smoked salmon, egg salad and cucumber and watercress

The breads were all fresh and each type complimented what was inside.  Everything was good but my most favorite was the egg salad, followed by the cucumber. My least favorite was the salmon, but I'm not a huge salmon fan.

I forgot to take a picture of my scone and tart, but they were just as delicious as last time.  :)

Dessert...

10858681726_1a73367d10_b.jpg

On the left is a really delicious pistachio cake with chocolate frosting, and an awesome, gigantic, chocolate covered strawberry.

All this plus a big ol' pot of delicious tea.  YUM

RANDOM CARROT CAKE COOKIE PHOTO

10858680086_60b09fb8d6_b.jpg

On one of our last nights, we couldn't decide where to go for dinner.  We tried to get into the lounge at the California Grill at the Contemporary, but they were full up.

Rats.

Well the good thing about the monorail (yes, Lou, there are good things) is that it stops at other resorts too.

So instead of eating in the CG lounge, we ate at the bar at Narcoosees.  :)

Deliberate Mickey...

10858781474_500a2a3518_c.jpg

We decided that we wanted to try a few things, but didn't want to stuff ourselves silly, so we split a salad, appetizer and dessert.  We would have been perfectly content to pick off one plate, but they actually split each course for us and plated them individually!  So if you want a sense of how big the portions are here, remember that these photos are half a portion.

First the salad

10858961293_0478a2b4fe_b.jpg

Jones Farm Organic Heirloom Tomato

Salad Petit Agour Sheep's Milk Cheese, Roasted Hazelnuts, Shaved Red Onion, Dehydr8-Wild Oak Honey Vinaigrette, and Tiny Herbs

$13.00

Yes it's tomato salad, but these were pretty amazingly tasty tomatoes that tasted like they came right out of someone's garden.

For an appetizer we got the calamari

10858778184_dc4ea0d129_b.jpg

Crispy Rhode Island Calamari

Pepperoncini-Olive Relish and Tomato Coulis

$14.00

Very tasty but they were a little heavy-handed with the salt.

And yes, I'm fairly sure these are not the bung holes of random ruminants, but hey - you never know, do ya?   8)

For our entree we got the tuna (I know, you're shocked)

10858958613_58e043ab18_b.jpg

Sustainable Togarashi-spiced Seared Ahi Tuna

Early Autumn Vegetables with Sesame Sticky Rice and Fragrant Ginger-Soy-Hijiki Broth

$43.00

Holy moly was this some awesome tuna!  The outer crust was super flavorful, but the inside was still perfectly rare. There's also some rice underneath that was great for soaking up the delicious sauce.  Also, this was a pretty decent sized half portion!

We really like the food at Narcoosees.  And if you time it right, you can go out on the deck to watch Wishes.  There are roughly 10-12 seats at the bar here, but most of the people sitting at them are usually waiting for a table, so if you're patient you can snag a seat.  The menu here changes seasonally (a few items seem to stay throughout the year) so if you're looking at menus online, be sure you're looking at a current one.

Well we're just about at the end of this little food journey.  There were no other big meals this trip, but a few small ones.

This is the cold noodle salad we got as a snack at Animal Kingdom...

10858955783_1a4323e4c8_b.jpg

This was sold at one of the little kiosk-type places along the water between Africa and Asia.  It was really good although the veggies could have used a bit more seasoning.  This same kiosk also sells (front to back) falafel, samosas and edamames. This was the display platter...

10858620575_41bca19810_c.jpg

If you're in the mood for something a little different, or feel the need to squeeze a vegetable in because your vacation diet seems to be lacking in that department (mine tends to), this is a good option.

We decided to spend the last night of our trip at Magic Kingdom.  On the way (sort of) we stopped at the Polynesian to grab a bite to eat at Cook's.

Stir-Fried Noodles with Chicken

10858607745_132eec7ea4_b.jpg

The "grown-up" Grilled Cheese Sandwich

10858667626_4f03a437f8_b.jpg

I wish that picture was better because this is one flippin' awesome sandwich. This sandwich ain't your childhood grilled cheese on white bread with American cheese. It's served on a hearty multi-grain sunflower bread and is filled with gooey  cheddar, swiss, and Boursin cheeses.  Oh-so-good!

Well oddly enough, the very last food-related photo I have from this trip is this...

10858935733_7092b13a90_c.jpg

Sadly, that is the very last Dole Whip Pineapple Float of the trip.  Ain't it a beauty?

I lost track of how many came before it.  Let's just say... a few.  8)

Well there you have it - the stuff we ate.  Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Holy crap - does this mean I actually finished something vaguely resembling a trip report?!?

IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!

:stars-shower-smiley:

I laughed out loud at your squid remark.

The food does look good.  I'm just not sure I can get my hubby to shell out $43 for tuna.

Even though we split all 3 courses, we were both quite full and even skipped dessert.  Including drinks (DH had a couple of grown up beverages) and our TIW discount, we got out of there for about $90.  It's not a meal we'd do every night - but nice once in a while.  :)