Need help with what to do with damage to my hybrid

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my dad camped in my TT.  It was very cold that weekend.  He did use the heater, which is run by propane.  Well it started raining so he brought all the chairs and such in under the awning.  What he did wrong was lean my very expensive  :'( lounge chair up against the TT blocking the furnace exhaust output "thingy".  When I pulled up to the site the next morning I almost crapped!!!!  The whole side of my TT was brown from smoke.  Most of the smoke came off, but there is a section closest to the output that the fiberglass and paint is cracked and screwed up!  So my question.............where do I go to get estimates to repair the damage?

Thank the Good Lord above that my dad didn't die that night.  While at the RV show yesterday a guy told me that there should be a safety function that should have turned off the heater when it got this hot.  I am just a women that doesn't understand all the jargon of mechanics, so if I just sound like a dumb*** just ignore this post!  If you understand what I am trying to say help me PLEASE!  :-[

If you know someone that does auto body work or boat repair on the side, let them take a look at it.  If you take it to an RV repair place you will pay through the nose.  Also - you might want to check with your insurance company to see if they would cover the repair.  I'm so glad it was just cosmetic issues and nothing more serious.

If you know someone that does auto body work or boat repair on the side, let them take a look at it.  If you take it to an RV repair place you will pay through the nose.  Also - you might want to check with your insurance company to see if they would cover the repair.  I'm so glad it was just cosmetic issues and nothing more serious.

Agree. If insurance won't cover then don't go thru the dealer, cut out the middleman and find out who they would call to do the work.

Steve

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my dad camped in my TT.  It was very cold that weekend.  He did use the heater, which is run by propane.  Well it started raining so he brought all the chairs and such in under the awning.  What he did wrong was lean my very expensive  :) lounge chair up against the TT blocking the furnace exhaust output "thingy".  When I pulled up to the site the next morning I almost crapped!!!!  The whole side of my TT was brown from smoke.  Most of the smoke came off, but there is a section closest to the output that the fiberglass and paint is cracked and screwed up!  So my question.............where do I go to get estimates to repair the damage?

Thank the Good Lord above that my dad didn't die that night.  While at the RV show yesterday a guy told me that there should be a safety function that should have turned off the heater when it got this hot.  I am just a women that doesn't understand all the jargon of mechanics, so if I just sound like a dumb*** just ignore this post!  If you understand what I am trying to say help me PLEASE!  ;)

psst, no stars are allowed here, 145 points for you!  say ass next time!

My experience is that anybody that says RV repair (with the exception of one person I have found) will suck you dry of money.  I take my RV to marine mechanics.  Now, I know you are not near the ocean, however, find a person that does boat painting and get a quote.  I guarantee that person will do a better job and be half the price.  My diesel mechanic is a marine mechanic, so is my air conditioner guy, ice maker repair guy, transmission guy, alternator guy, and the list goes on forever.