Walt's original WDW aka "the FL project"

I've seen that hand sketched map at 0:42 before and thought it was cool that it included plans for a campground from the very beginning.  

I agree with you Dave- that drawing is cool.  I thought it was the same one that they have on display in the One Man's Dream exhibit in Hollywood Studios, but it isn't.

This one shows the location of the Epcot city area:

100_0464.jpg

And it also shows Bay Lake and Discovery Island:

100_0465.jpg

100_04651.jpg

I always am fascinated by the fact that the area you see to the left in the last photo above is identified as South Seas Resort.  That is where the Magic Kingdom and Contemporary Resort sit today.  Things really would have turned out very differently had Walt not died when he did.

TCD

Things really would have turned out very differently had Walt not died when he did.

I'm not sure about that. He didn't have the support he needed from most of the rest of the Disney company.

It appears that they also didn't have all the funding to do it by themselves.

He also realized that he wasn't going to be around to see such a large scale project anywhere near completed. All things considered, he had to make the most of the time he had left, and that was build the MK, and he didn't even see that completed

Regarding the Progress City model you can see today while riding the Peoplemover....I like this photo.  The blue lines indicate the small portion of the original model you see in the MK.  

I would love to go back in time and be able to view the entire, original model as displayed at the Disneyland COP back in the old days.  

Imagineering-Disney-Blog_Progress-City-M

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2010/7/22/a-look-at-the-progress-city-model-then-and-now.html

I wish they would contract someone, like me for instance, to do a 3d computer generated photo-realistic version of the entire model.

It's entirely possible if there are enough photos around.

Someone did a tiny portion of it, but IMO, it's amateurish, and it doesn't look real. It's a Mickey Mouse attempt.

Once the 3d CGI model is created, they could build a 3d virtual ride through the entire city. It could go inside the buildings, ride the monorails, and a lot of other neat stuff.

Now wouldn't that be neat, instead of some of the crap that they do have at Epcot.

I wish they would contract someone, like me for instance, to do a 3d computer generated photo-realistic version of the entire model.

Someone did a tiny portion of it, but IMO, it's amateurish, and it doesn't look real. It's a Mickey Mouse attempt.

Once the 3d CGI model is created, they could build a 3d ride virtual through the entire city. It could go inside the buildings, ride the monorails, and a lot of other neat stuff.

Now wouldn't that be neat, instead of some of the crap that they do have at Epcot.

That would be great!

Once the 3d CGI model is created, they could build a 3d virtual ride through the entire city. It could go inside the buildings, ride the monorails, and a lot of other neat stuff.

That would be awesome! Isn't there someway to get your idea to the people that can make decisions?