Site Question & Cancel Fee Question

Made our first trip to the Fort last spring break.  Thinking about going back this spring break.  We had a premium site last year.  Per the website, only a preferred site is available this year.  Two questions:

- Would a preferred site fit a 32 ft class C?  Seems like they're in the back & we liked being by the meadows pool, etc last year but "it is what it is" as the saying goes.

- If we book now, decide later not to go, is there a cancel charge?  We would have this figured out over the next couple weeks; not the day before we were supposed to check in.

Thanks!

There is an app for iPhone and Android that has the dimensions of all the sites. I think it might be called Fort Wilderness Sites, but someone in the know will respond.

When is your Spring Break? I'm surprised all the premiums are booked since Easter is late this year.

There are plenty of sites in Preferred that will fit a 32' RV.  We've managed to get our 33' TT plus Excursion in, and setup a 9x12 pen for the dogs in the back.

The trickier part about Preferred isn't as much fitting in the site as getting into the site. These are older loops and the roads are tighter and have more trees and things that can make it a bit of a challenge to back into some of the sites.

Sites at Fort Wilderness mobile app info is here
http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/fort-wilderness-sites-mobile-app-now-available-r265

The cancellation window for refunds depends on if you book a package or site only.  I'll let those that know that info better than I do chime in on that.

A room/site only can be cancelled up to 5 days in advance with full refund.

A package with tickets has to be paid in full by 45 days in advance. Up until then the full deposit can be refunded.

Also if you find out with short notice you can love the reservation to a later time and then cancel it to get your deposit back.

If you need any further help let me know I do this all the time now.

[email protected]

:bugeyes:  :bugeyes:  :panic:  ??? Who knows more Mo???

A room/site only can be cancelled up to 5 days in advance with full refund.

A package with tickets has to be paid in full by 45 days in advance. Up until then the full deposit can be refunded.

Also if you find out with short notice you can love the reservation to a later time and then cancel it to get your deposit back.

If you need any further help let me know I do this all the time now.

[email protected]

Well guess that answers that question!! :clint:

There are plenty of sites in Preferred that will fit a 32' RV.  We've managed to get our 33' TT plus Excursion in, and setup a 9x12 pen for the dogs in the back.

The trickier part about Preferred isn't as much fitting in the site as getting into the site. These are older loops and the roads are tighter and have more trees and things that can make it a bit of a challenge to back into some of the sites.

With a 32 "C" you shoudn't have any trouble backing in. We get our 37' Super C into preferred sites fairly easy.

There is an app for iPhone and Android that has the dimensions of all the sites. I think it might be called Fort Wilderness Sites, but someone in the know will respond.

When is your Spring Break? I'm surprised all the premiums are booked since Easter is late this year.

Kelly -

I should have guessed you would be the first to respond.  I recall you were very helpful last year when I was asking questions then too.  As a side story, coincidentally, you were just a couple sites down from us last spring break.  I recognized all the GA stuff & the name sign that you had out.  I would have introduced myself but we pulled out early in the AM after you must have come in the day before when we were out & about.

In any event...

Thanks for the app suggestion.

Our spring break is the last week of March.  We really would prefer premium again but it's not available.  I went through the reservation day by day & it's just a couple nights that are making it not available.  So we debated between preferred & full hook up.  We opted for full hook up.  Last year we only went to the back a couple times (once to go to MK on the boat & once for Hoop Dee Doo).  In looking at the loop map & as best we can remember we think the full hook up might be walkable to the middle recreation area (pool, campfire, etc) which would be more appealing to us.  So we'll give that a try.

With a 32 "C" you shoudn't have any trouble backing in. We get our 37' Super C into preferred sites fairly easy.

But your probably really good at backing in. If I had to I probably could, if hubs had to forget it. He couldn't get a pop up in the biggest site with out a few tries.

Also try booking for much longer than you really need - two to four weeks with your dates somewhere in the middle. If availability in a premium shows up, then book it, cancel the original site, and call back a few days later and cancel the dates you don't need.

Also try booking for much longer than you really need - two to four weeks with your dates somewhere in the middle. If availability in a premium shows up, then book it, cancel the original site, and call back a few days later and cancel the dates you don't need.

OP Here...  OK.  This is the weirdest thing.  Disney is supposedly smart & all but I don't get it (why it works this way).  If there's "no room at the inn" (in the spirit of the season) for nights A / B / C, there shouldn't be room if I try to book nights A / B / C / D.  However, I took my original dates, added 2 extra nights on the end, & a premium site was available then, so I booked it.  I will do as you say & cancel the reservation I made last night for the full hook up site.  Then call in a couple days & cancel the last 2 nights at the premium site.  Are you sure they won't say it isn't available then?

Kelly -

I should have guessed you would be the first to respond. I recall you were very helpful last year when I was asking questions then too. As a side story, coincidentally, you were just a couple sites down from us last spring break. I recognized all the GA stuff & the name sign that you had out. I would have introduced myself but we pulled out early in the AM after you must have come in the day before when we were out & about.

In any event...

Thanks for the app suggestion.

Our spring break is the last week of March. We really would prefer premium again but it's not available. I went through the reservation day by day & it's just a couple nights that are making it not available. So we debated between preferred & full hook up. We opted for full hook up. Last year we only went to the back a couple times (once to go to MK on the boat & once for Hoop Dee Doo). In looking at the loop map & as best we can remember we think the full hook up might be walkable to the middle recreation area (pool, campfire, etc) which would be more appealing to us. So we'll give that a try.

I wish you would have come to say hello! We were around the Fort so much and love meeting Fiends!!!!