Holiday Island Dinner Buffet at Tortuga Tavern - Magic Kingdom

The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of the limited time only Holiday Island Dinner Buffet at Tortuga Tavern in the Magic Kingdom...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/12/30/guest-review-holiday-island-dinner-buffet-at-magic-kingdoms-tortuga-tavern/

Excerpts...

During the holiday season, through January 4th, the dining area that is normally utilized for Tortuga Tavern counter service dining is trying out something new. From 5pm until 9pm they’re hosting a dining event called the “Island Dinner Buffet.”

Island-Dinner-_0001_002-600x399.jpg

Potted palm trees keep the area private

Island-Dinner-_0003_004-600x399.jpg

Outdoor tables and tables with umbrellas

...So if you would like to go to the Island Dinner Buffet, and it looks like it’s completely booked up… fear not… unless it’s raining or exceptionally cold out, they may just have a bunch of extra seats that won’t hit the booking system until the day before you want to go. Because that’s pretty short notice in Disney-Speak, that may also mean there’s a chance that you can score a seat without any reservations at all.

Island-Dinner-_0008_009-600x399.jpg

Salad Station

Island-Dinner-_0010_011-600x399.jpg

Plated Salad and Chowder

Island-Dinner-_0011_012-600x399.jpg

Banana leaf baked mahi with Gold Coast mango chutney

Island-Dinner-_0016_017-600x399.jpg

Rosemary-garlic Pork

Island-Dinner-_0017_018-600x399.jpg

Captain Jack’s Chicken Breast with Lemon and Parsley

Island-Dinner-_0020_021-600x399.jpg

Barbosa’s Braised Beef with Julienne Carrots, Celery, and Pearl Onions

Island-Dinner-_0023_024-600x399.jpg

Rice Crispy Bon-Bons

Island-Dinner-_0024_025-600x399.jpg

More desserts

Island-Dinner-_0025_026-600x399.jpg

Mickey Ear Hat Brownies

Many, many planted palm trees tucked into every nook and cranny, between every garbage can and bench, which all added to the Island theme quite nicely — and surprisingly, did provide separation from the main walk way.

The pictures look better than it sounded on paper.

Sadly, that food looks much more appealing to be than Biergarten, where I'm eating in January. And we'll be paying more than $35. I must really love my husband! (And the atmosphere of Biergarten looks way cooler.)

The pictures look better than it sounded on paper.

Sadly, that food looks much more appealing to be than Biergarten, where I'm eating in January. And we'll be paying more than $35. I must really love my husband! (And the atmosphere of Biergarten looks way cooler.)

We really enjoyed the Biergarten.  Just relax and go with.

We saw the sign for the Tortuga Tavern buffet when we were at Magic Kingdom on Saturday. I didn't think it was advertised very well, but they may have gotten walk ins since lines were crazy everywhere.

We were at the Biergarten on Monday and it was delicious! We also had a wonderful server and fun tablemates. And of course a tasty liter of Hefeweisen!