As most of you know the annual pilgramige of Wild Women will begin on Jan 17th (give or take a few days)  When you feel the earth rumble a bit unexpectedly, know they are all there and the shenanigans have begun!  I sadly do not get to partake this year :( The kids really do cramp my style at times :)

In speaking with a few other ladies, it was suggested that maybe another gathering this year would be appropriate.  Waiting a WHOLE YEAR to get back together is WAY to much to ask of any purple blooded wild women :)

So I have been thinking maybe the end of June a gathering in Gatlinburg?  A cabin?  Depending on the number of participants will depend on the size of cabin and such.  Just to give you an idea of the expense.  A cabin that sleeps 20 for 3 days (FRI,SAT, SUN) ran apx $1200 dollars. That's the big guy cabins.  There is every imaginable combination in between.  So my question is, how many folks would be down for something at the end of June, the 20, 21st and 22nd perhaps? 

If you havent had to oppourtunity to attend one of these, I assure you, it's the absolute best time and the friendships you build are so much more than you could have imagined.  Alot of these women I see once a year but consider them some of my dearest friends.  I :heart: me some Wild Women and simply can't wait a WHOLE YEAR to see ya'll again :)

Takers?

and yes Marty, I'm desperate enough to volunteer to plan this, I just make no promises that it will go smoothly and that I wont be messing things up ALOT.. :clint:

oh yea and I hereby volunteer Yvonne to help me plan since she is close enough to come kick me in the arse when I do screw up, congratuation Yvonne!  :heartsmiley:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will come find you if need be, you've seen the crazy eyes, I have no reservations about throwing you over my shoulder and kidnapping you for a few days.  I'll even leave a note for Shawn and the kid

um... DisneyLand?!

Unfortunately for some Womenz, long holiday weekends are the only ones that are doable.   MLK weekend was a bunch cheaper than our previous date of Pres weekend.  And since not everyone can or wants t

This years WWW falls on the weekend preceding MLK day. What, Christmas day was taken?

And now Judy is suggesting having one in June. I guess July 4th was taken?

Ladies, ladies, ladies, pick days to hold the WWW on, that don't fall on or near a major holiday, or on a day where you can fry eggs on the hood of your car.

You'll be able to save a lot of money, and not boil to death.

If I am in the vicinity I am in. Though I have no clue where we will be past Feb

I will come find you if need be, you've seen the crazy eyes, I have no reservations about throwing you over my shoulder and kidnapping you for a few days.  I'll even leave a note for Shawn and the kids so they dont worry :)

This years WWW falls on the weekend preceding MLK day. What Christmas day was taken?

Ladies, ladies, ladies, pick days to hold the WWW on that don't fall on or near a major holiday, or on a day where you can fry eggs on the hood of your car.

Unfortunately for some Womenz, long holiday weekends are the only ones that are doable.

MLK weekend was a bunch cheaper than our previous date of Pres weekend.  And since not everyone can or wants to go to the parks, in terms of crowds, it's not really that big a deal.

And Judy's actually suggesting a summer WWW elsewhere - where it's not so crowded, expensive or hot. 

(geez... read all the words, Lou)   8)

Really wish I could be there but Gaitlinburg is outside my range for even a long weekend.  :(

Unfortunately for some Womenz, long holiday weekends are the only ones that are doable.

MLK weekend was a bunch cheaper than our previous date of Pres weekend.  And since not everyone can or wants to go to the parks, in terms of crowds, it's not really that big a deal.

And Judy's actually suggesting a summer WWW elsewhere - where it's not so crowded, expensive or hot. 

(geez... read all the words, Lou)   8)

Really wish I could be there but Gaitlinburg is outside my range for even a long weekend.  :(

ok, read  my reply to Nikki.. you've been warned ;)

This years WWW falls on the weekend preceding MLK day. What, Christmas day was taken?

Ladies, ladies, ladies, pick days to hold the WWW on, that don't fall on or near a major holiday, or on a day where you can fry eggs on the hood of your car.

First off, Mr. Know-it-all Smartypants, we have to choose a 3 day weekend because then people who have to work for a living can still attend. 

Secondly, read the fine print.  We are not planning a WDW trip this time, but a trip to the cool and breezy TN mountains.

:))

Okay, other people had already corrected you, but not snarkily enough.

Yup - that sounds about right.   I've driven to Richmond and even the NC border in one whack on the first night of our trip south.  It's about 10 hours.

I could entertain that area, it's roughly about 7 hours for me to that part of the country, do-able if it gets me some WW time..

oh yea and I hereby volunteer Yvonne to help me plan since she is close enough to come kick me in the arse when I do screw up, congratuation Yvonne!  :heartsmiley:

As long as I can kick you in the arse while dragging you out for  :wine:  :doublebeer:  :Bar:  :SmileyMargarita1: ,  I am ok with you volunteering me. 

I don't know yet if I will actually be able to go.  It all depends upon where Drew ends up going to school and when he needs to be there for his orientation.

Iceland? :rofl2:

...or just plunk it somewhere near an airport Southwest flies to.  8)

So Mo, Southwest flies into Nashville.  Have you scheduled time off from work to join us at Defeated Creek in September?  Someone is sure to have room for you in their camper.  One of us could pick you up from the airport.  

So Mo, Southwest flies into Nashville.  Have you scheduled time off from work to join us at Defeated Creek in September?  Someone is sure to have room for you in their camper.  One of us could pick you up from the airport.  

Yvonne your a genius, we could pick up all the Northern WW there and drag them to Defeated Creek.. that place would never be the same!

As long as I can kick you in the arse while dragging you out for  :wine:  :doublebeer:  :Bar:  :SmileyMargarita1: ,  I am ok with you volunteering me. 

I don't know yet if I will actually be able to go.  It all depends upon where Drew ends up going to school and when he needs to be there for his orientation.

Tell Drew he is really causing me scheduling stress! :lol:

I could entertain that area, it's roughly about 7 hours for me to that part of the country, do-able if it gets me some WW time..

As much as I would love, Love, LOVE to make another WWW, if it works out that another location is better for the majority, please don't worry about me.

The needs of the may outweigh the needs of the few... or the one.

--Spock  spock.gif

I can probably bamboozle convince Brian into me bugging out for a WWW this summer, but he will not be a happy camper (literally) if I ditch him for a full-out Grand Gathering that he can't come to also.   8)

I will come find you if need be, you've seen the crazy eyes, I have no reservations about throwing you over my shoulder and kidnapping you for a few days.  I'll even leave a note for Shawn and the kids so they dont worry :)

no need to leave a note...kidnap me please

If you want to come all the way up here to drag me off, I promise not to kick and scream even a little bit.  :heartsmiley:

Much better. 

what she said

Ditto :(

and her

um... DisneyLand?!

DON'T TEMPT ME

I hate to tell you this but she is way snarkier and sneakier than you

You hate to tell me, I would think you'd love to tell me? The whole I am women, hear me roar thing.

I need examples of Marty's snarkiness, so I know what I'm dealing with.

Has she ever let air out of an RV that had a green Mickey sign on it?

Has she ever stolen a green Mickey sign and left a Snarky card in it's place?

Has she ever told a person with a green Mickey sign at their site that they're following the wrong website?

If Marty can answer yes, to more than one of these questions, she just may be snarkier than me.