100 & 200 loops at Christmas

We just booked our 1st visit to the Wilderness Campground and after reading some of the discussions here, a bit concerned about our location. The Disney representative said we would be in the 100 or 200 loop with our 38 foot 5th wheel that has three slides and I'm hopeful we have enough space. Any information would be great. Thanks!

WELCOME to you both!!

We've got lots of detailed info on loops/sites that might be helpful, including links to videos of all loops, a spiffy Google Earth application that allows you to zoom up close and personal to all sites, and the Fort Fiends campsites mobile app which gives you photos and dimensions of all campsites.  You can find it here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

The problem we had was pulling out to leave. The guest in the site across from us had his truck parked out into the road. And of course they were no where to be found. I lost count of how many times my husband had to inch up then back up, inch up, so on and so on. Since then, we have never stayed in loop 100 or 200 again. It used to be great loops if you didn't want to rent a golf cart. But now that most of the transportation is at the front of the Ft, I don't know if it is as popular. I agree with prior posters, tried to get a premium site.

If you are a backing god you may be able to park that rig and then move your tv to the overflow lot. I'd say forget it and upgrade to Premium.

When were you last at Disney?  I saw what I think was your truck recently.  Can't miss that license plate (or the decals on the tailgate)!  :) 

We just booked our 1st visit to the Wilderness Campground and after reading some of the discussions here, a bit concerned about our location. The Disney representative said we would be in the 100 or 200 loop with our 38 foot 5th wheel that has three slides and I'm hopeful we have enough space. Any information would be great. Thanks!

We have a 24 ft trailer and stayed at site 228 in September.  We had no problem, but I can't imagine getting a 38 ft 5th wheel in there, especially with room for the TV.  In November, we were at site 1122 (premium), and that was MUCH bigger and easier to maneuver.  I agree with the others; I would try to upgrade. 

When were you last at Disney?  I saw what I think was your truck recently.  Can't miss that license plate (or the decals on the tailgate)!  :) 

We were there Halloween and the first week of November. And yes, I stand out a bit. Most of our stay the truck was in the overflow since we had Moms car at the site. Look for us again 2nd & 3rd weeks of November this year! Yea!

We were there Halloween and the first week of November. And yes, I stand out a bit. Most of our stay the truck was in the overflow since we had Moms car at the site. Look for us again 2nd & 3rd weeks of November this year! Yea!

It was the overflow lot.  Love the license plate. 

We just spent two weeks in the 300 loop (site 316 in a 45' motorhome) and it was perfect and the other sites on the loop looked decent. When we were crusing around the loops I made a mental note to make sure we were never in loop 100 and possibly 200, 100 sites especially were tiny.

• 5 months later...

I know I'm resurrecting an older thread- but it sounds like the OP's trip isn't until December. We are in site 217 right now with our 42' fifth wheel with slides on both sides. We also have a crew cab/long bed truck.

Backing wasn't awful as it was on a curve and the angle of the site points the opening towards the curve. A little tricky due to the site post markers and recycling container out front, but we got in. Our camper's wheels are at the very back of the blacktop/cement pad and we didn't unhitch the truck (only staying for 1-night).

We have 3 slides on the driver's side and a 4th on the passenger side in the bunk house (it has opposing slides in the very rear). The site is cozy. My wife said she wouldn't be happy with it if we were here longer than just 1 night. There isn't room for our picnic table beside I the camper/under the awning. As it is, we just pushed it further back the site and aren't using it.

hujy9ymy.jpgeqy9aqy9.jpgbadavaby.jpg

Sounds like you squeezed in ok and I think your experience is pretty typical of many of the sites in 100, 200 & 300.  Depending on the angle to the road (some are really wacky) and the placement of trees, trash cans, utilities, etc., the Preferred loops can be a challenge for bigger rigs.

Sounds like you squeezed in ok and I think your experience is pretty typical of many of the sites in 100, 200 & 300.  Depending on the angle to the road (some are really wacky) and the placement of trees, trash cans, utilities, etc., the Preferred loops can be a challenge for bigger rigs.

Seems like it. At first glance, I thought we would be big for the site and truthfully, given where our wheels are and that we have to stay hitched up for the truck not to poke out into the road, I'll know more to ask/request for my reservation.

This was literally a last minute decision because the kids were doing great in the truck for the drive down from Maryland. We got to Orlando a day early before our reservations at Thousand Trails Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk