If the AC units had to shut down, everyone would leave. I work night security at a local KOA in the summer. What we are shutting off is the music, outdoor movies, partiers that can be heard from several campsites away, kids running all over the place, etc. Run the AC, that's one of the reasons you got the RV.

It's also a German word. It's refers to a public eating area with lots of "tables", typical a cafeteria at a school/university is called mensa.

As you're part German, I expected you to know that, but in this case, the Mensa organization is named after the Latin version of mensa, IE, table.

The following quote is on the back of my Mensa membership card. (If you believe that, I've got some swamp land in my backyard to sell you)

"Mensa is a round-table society, where race, color, creed, national origin, age, politics, educational or social background are irrelevant."

That's not what it says on the back of my card.

The German word Mensa also comes from the same Latin.

The German word “Mensa” comes from the Latin term “mensa academica”, which literally means “university table

How did we get on this topic? I just can't remember.

I know every campground has quiet hours. This may not sound very intelligent given I live in the south BUT... Do the quiet hours apply to rooftop ACs? Do you have shut them off at night? I get generators and parties and loud music. Thanks so much.

It only applies to quiet hours & ACs if you frequent NASCAR races--even in the deep south.  Try sleeping in the summer months when you can't run your generator which means no A/C.  The south is HOT.

Wow. I am glad I was able to entertain everyone. I will run my AC all the time. Thanks. :hah:

Your question was answered by post 4, and rather than let a perfectly good thread go to waste, it gets recycled.by those that are so easily amused.

We're very environmentally astute here.