• 1 month later...

We went here for the first time last weekend and I have to say I was impressed. This was a buffet that I would say was out of the norm for Disney. Even though most of the items were more on the simple side of preparing (salads) it was very good and tasty. I also loved having the snickers pb&j on the kids bar. (I actually ate 3 myself). Very great place for dinner and a nice change of pace

I went to Tusker House for lunch during WWW.  Here's my review from the WWW trip report.

I started with butternut squash soup.  Before you turn your nose up, let me tell you it was delicious!

035Butternutsquashsoup_zps6360636a.jpg

Then came: 

036Meatsandveggies_zpsa4839ad7.jpg

Clockwise starting at the top:  pork and beef carving stations, curried shrimp, fresh fruit, roasted veggies, root veggies, and green beans.  It was all very good.

Next was (again clockwise starting at top)  hard salami with swiss cheese and mustard, cucumber salad, hummus, and some kind of chutney.  Any restaurant that has hard salami on the buffet is great in my book.  The cucumber salad was good, but the hummus had little taste and the chutney didn't appeal to me.

037salad-salami_zps168c74cf.jpg

My next plate was Caesar salad, more root veggies, some pastry thing that wasn't very good, and green bean/onion salad.  I like my green beans crispy, but these were rubbery.  Yuk.

038moresalads_zpsa3114b22.jpg

And then I had dessert.  I totally blew my low carb diet, but this meal was worth it!

039desserts_zps5895bbb9.jpg

One bite of the lava cake.  It was disappointingly dry.  The lemon square was good but could have been a little more lemony.  But the baklava was delicious.  I ate the whole thing.  Thankfully it was tiny.

And the characters each came around twice and weren't in a hurry.

Overall I really enjoyed the experience.  Yes, there were a few food items I didn't like.  But there's such a variety to choose from.  I would happily eat there on every trip.

• 1 month later...