Going to the Fort for Spring Break this March.  Planning to venture off Disney property & go to SeaWorld for a day.  We have a class C motorhome, no toad, & prefer not to unhook / drive the motorhome to SeaWorld.  I believe there are 4 ways to get there:

- Take Disney transportation to the Ticket And Transporation Center & get a city bus from there.

- Take a cab (I would guess we could call a cab to pick us up at the front of Fort Wilderness).

- Get an Enterprise rental car delivered to Fort Wilderness (& then have them pick it up a day later).

- Rent a car at the AAA Car Care Center onsite at Disney.

For anyone who has done what we're looking to do, can you please comment on how you got to SeaWorld, how long did it take, what you'd recommend, etc.

Ideally we're looking to make this process as quick & convenient as possible given that any of the 4 options are probably less than $75 (small potatoes after a week at Disney, right!).

Thanks!

There is also the Lynx bus system.  VERY EASY to Seaworld. Get yourself to the TTC. Take Lynx #50. Tell the driver you want to get off at SeaWorld. The bus will drop you off in front of the Reanaissance hotel right at the edge of the SeaWorld parking lot. Walk across the parking lot. You are there.

The return bus stop is across the street from the one you arrived at. Take that bus back to Disney. You can get off at Downtown Disney or go all the way back to TTC.

Check www.golynx.com for schedule and pricing. (Last time I rode, it was $2 each way, per person, exact change). It looks like it is a 35 minute ride from the TTC to SeaWorld.

http://www.golynx.com/plan-trip/route-details.stml?portalProcess_dd_0_1_1=showPublicPosting&calendar_entry_id=1239

It is still $2 each way, and you can even buy your fares online ahead of time.

http://www.golynx.com/fares-passes/

I used the Lynx to Seaworld even when I had a car, cause the fare was much less than my gas and the parking fee.

You can leave the Fort as early as 6:45 am by taking the small boat to the Contemporary, then the monorail to the TTC.

Carol -

Very helpful.  Thanks.  A couple follow up questions:

When we were at FW last Spring Break, we took the boat from FW to MK.  Can we catch that same boat from FW to MK then monorail to the TTC - or do we boat from FW to Contemporary then monorail to the TTC?

Also, looks like it may be possible to just bus from FW to Downtown Disney & then catch the Lynx to SeaWorld (although guessing that may be more congested to find the Lynx stop at Downtown Disney)?

Thanks again!

You can take a boat t to either MK or Contemporary and then monorail to TTC.

About 1 1/2 years ago my BIL and his wife and son went from wyndham, next to DTD to Seaworld. It cost him less than $20 each way by taxi.

I just checked and it still costs approx $20 each way.

I suggested the Contemporary boat, then monorail to TTC depending on what time of the morning you wanted to leave. If you wanted to leave early, then that is your best bet.

Yes, a boat to Magic Kingdom, then monorail to TTC would work, but if you want to get to Sea World at opening, the boats to MK may not start early enough. (They usually start about 8:15-8:30). The small launches to the Contemporary start at 6:45 am.

Later in the morning, a bus to DTD would work, the but the stop is all the way over at the West Side, past Cirque du Soleil. It is easy to find, but a hike from the Pleasure Island stop, and an even further hike from the Marketplace stop. (Don't even know IF the buses stop at the Pleasure Island stop early in the morning.)

Now returning from SeaWorld, if you wanted to get off at Downtown Disney and stroll through there before heading to the Fort, that is entirely doable.

Waaaah, grumpy

Not being Grumpy, that's Dave's (Grumpy and Grandma) job.

A cab is the second best option if money is not, and time, and convenience are, an issue.

I'm with Lou. $20 for a Family of 4 in a convenient taxi

compared to $8 a for bus that will take longer and a bunch of grumpy stinky people returning from Seaworld.

I'm cabbing it.

I'm with Ray.

We could do this all night.

We went from Port Orleans/French Quarter by taxi to Universal. If I recall correctly, to get 5 or 6 of us there was about $50 (I don't recall if that was each way or roundtrip). If I were going from FW to SeaWorld, I'd definitely opt for the taxi for the convenience of it (even if it is more expensive than the alternatives).