Are there any pin traders/collectors here that can help me?

My DD(9) has over 100 pins. Obviously she can't wear all of them on her lanyard and sometimes when she does one or more fall off because the rubber Mickey ears backs don't hold all that well.

So I need help in finding pin backs that hold the best. I bought the locking pin backs from Disney but they require a special tool, Allen wrench, and are heavy and expensive and not that easy, or should I say quick to put on or take off.

Second, what book, wallet, etc is compact enough to fit into a small back pack as ill be the one carrying it most of the time, and will hold over 100 pins. She always wants to bring all her pins with her when we go to Disney but we have to limit her to one lanyard full.

Thanks

Ray

I use the frogs to hold the pins in place. You can find them online for cheap. They also have the "binders" made to hold pins. They come in various sizes.

Did a search for frogs on eBay. And I couldn't find anything that would hold a pin on. Just this weird thing that has a punch of needle like things on it. Not sure if that is what your talking about and if it is how the heck does it work?

How do you organize them in our fanny pack? Or do you just pile them in there?

I have one of the old pin fanny packs they sold at the parks.  They had lots of neat compartments (which I am sure you could make with some fabric and velcro) that we put different types of pins in.  He is not that "in" to the trading, so I just have the traders in a couple of compartments and the keepers in the others as we get them.

You could get one of those small brag book types of photo albums that grandmas used to carry in their purses before smartphones.  They are usually about 15 to 20 pages.  Just cut and slip either felt or thin cardboard into where the photos go so the pins have something sturdier to go thru then the thin plastic.  Each page could be a different theme or type of pin.  I think Dollar Tree still carries them.  Then just drop it in the backpack for safe keeping.

I keep ours in a small trader book I got at Disney and only take traders to the park while leaving the majority in the RV.  When we get home from the trip we decided which ones are "forever" pins and they get put in a display box/frame that we keep in the living room.

I have one of the largest pin cases they have at WDW and it is pretty full.  I have found the clutch type backs do not hold as well as the

black Mickey Head shaped rubber ones.  I have some large, heavy pins and the clutch backs would not hold them so I switched to the

rubber ones and they are great.  I now have to purchase another pin case for Kimberly's collection.  Her lanyard is completely full and she has a bag full waiting for a place to show off.

See Lou, there are others who know what Im talking about. Just because you don't doesn't mean its not a thing. Go back under your rock until your snark is needed.

I was actually paying you a compliment for you knowing what those things are called.

I know that they are a thing, I have some, but never knew that they were called frogs.