First Trip to FW - what ONE piece of advice would you give?

I agree with all of the suggestions posted so far, and I'll second the golf cart suggestion. Even though you don't technically need it, it's good fun to drive around all the loops and check out the nooks and crannies of the Fort. I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would.

If you rent a cart from the Fort, then bring something to put on it so that you recognize it in the cart parking areas. A ribbon or something to tie around the bars should suffice. Write your cart number down too, though, just in case.

Or, you could forgo renting a cart through the Fort ($$$) and rent through one of the FF sponsors: http://www.fortfiends.net/_/misc/support-our-site-sponsors-r259

Appreciate all the great suggestions.  Have reserved the golf cart with Tea Time.  Our daughter and her boyfriend are coming down too, going to rent a camper so it should be a great time.  If they can swing it, son and his girlfriend will join us for a long weekend.

In the midst of all this blasted snow and cold weather, I'm now REALLY looking forward to the trip!

Rennie, thanks for the invite to the Grand Gathering, will see if we can join you all! 

The Number one thing is----- Stop and Pick me up.-------I will be your tour guide. -----------------Just Kidding.   We will be coming home or just arrived home when your are headed down

Remember don't rush the trip and enjoy the drive down and back.

We usually make it a 2 day trip both ways. We stop at Exit 53 in South Carolina on the way down at the New Green acres Campground for the night. I can leave from Delaware just north of Wilmington at 8am in the morning and get set up there just before dark. It's an easy off and on 95. The sites are pull-thurs and long enough that you don't need to disconnect the truck from the camper. Exit at #53 turn right,  go to next street [about 50 yards} turn right the Campground is 1/4 mile straight ahead.

On the way home we stop at South of the Border. We leave the Fort about 9am and can get parked and set up before dark . Again long sites but no cable plus easy on and off 95. The South of the Border campground is right at the end of the Exit ramp behind the Exxon Station on the left. The rest of the place is kind of seedy so I stay in the campground.  We never had any problems.

Both of these Campgrounds are ok for the night but usually fill up. I call ahead earlier in the day to make sure I have a site.

Florida can be hot 80's and cold 40's in November Take clothes for both.  Make sure your A/c and heaters work and have a full tank of propane if that's what your heaters use. Trust me on this in November 2012 right after Hurricane Sandy it was "COLD" at Disney I had to go buy sweat shirts and jackets. The highs were only in the 50's the lows were around 30.

Holy cow - ANOTHER Delawarean??? I'm not sure I can stand it LOL.  Sure, we'll pick you up Jeff, you can ride in the back between the dog and the cat crate. No, wait, you said north of Wilmington... That's out of our way, you'll have to get a ride just a bit south.

We are planning on stopping at Rocky Mount NC for one night, then 2 nights in Savannah GA on the way down.  Return trip is going to include Charleston SC for 2 nights and then Williamsburg VA for 3 :). 

The Number one thing is----- Stop and Pick me up.-------I will be your tour guide. -----------------Just Kidding.   We will be coming home or just arrived home when your are headed down

Remember don't rush the trip and enjoy the drive down and back.

We usually make it a 2 day trip both ways. We stop at Exit 53 in South Carolina on the way down at the New Green acres Campground for the night. I can leave from Delaware just north of Wilmington at 8am in the morning and get set up there just before dark. It's an easy off and on 95. The sites are pull-thurs and long enough that you don't need to disconnect the truck from the camper. Exit at #53 turn right,  go to next street [about 50 yards} turn right the Campground is 1/4 mile straight ahead.

On the way home we stop at South of the Border. We leave the Fort about 9am and can get parked and set up before dark . Again long sites but no cable plus easy on and off 95. The South of the Border campground is right at the end of the Exit ramp behind the Exxon Station on the left. The rest of the place is kind of seedy so I stay in the campground.  We never had any problems.

Both of these Campgrounds are ok for the night but usually fill up. I call ahead earlier in the day to make sure I have a site.

Florida can be hot 80's and cold 40's in November Take clothes for both.  Make sure your A/c and heaters work and have a full tank of propane if that's what your heaters use. Trust me on this in November 2012 right after Hurricane Sandy it was "COLD" at Disney I had to go buy sweat shirts and jackets. The highs were only in the 50's the lows were around 30.

Holy cow - ANOTHER Delawarean??? I'm not sure I can stand it LOL.  Sure, we'll pick you up Jeff, you can ride in the back between the dog and the cat crate. No, wait, you said north of Wilmington... That's out of our way, you'll have to get a ride just a bit south.

We are planning on stopping at Rocky Mount NC for one night, then 2 nights in Savannah GA on the way down.  Return trip is going to include Charleston SC for 2 nights and then Williamsburg VA for 3 :). 

Now if we could just get him to come to the Grand Gathering Easter weekend in Gettysburg we would tied with the Pa folks on state representation. That is as long as Dalspot got their reservation in.