Anyone camping in NW Georgia this weekend or ATL RV Show?

We are thinking about trying to squeeze in a quick camping trip this weekend and I was wondering if anyone was going to be out camping in our area.  We are located in Cobb and I am wanting something fairly close by.

We are also thinking about going to the Atlanta Camping and RV Show.  Anyone heading there want to meet up?

BTW Mr Snarky Lou, is this better for giving some advance notice?

My computer must transposing letters or something. It says that you're going camping this weekend.

Just in case I'm reading it correctly, thanks a lot for a whole 3 days notice. 

Do you think I'm out of my mind? Don't answer that.

Why would I want to go up there and freeze? Atlanta area, highs in the 40s.

Not that I was really expecting you to show up but after the last beat down I got, I figured I would make sure you knew in advance....

My persuasive methods do work. Glad you're a quick healer.

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up, and if we were going to be up there, I'd stop by.

Okay... so we broke down and went to the RV show.  Nice that it's inside, because it was freezing outside!  Impressed with the amount of rigs they managed to get in there.  A bit tough with the two little ones, because there were so many people there but... still worth the trip as they had a little of everything (pups to the largest of largest...and everything in between).   :)

Okay... so we broke down and went to the RV show.  Nice that it's inside, because it was freezing outside!  Impressed with the amount of rigs they managed to get in there.  A bit tough with the two little ones, because there were so many people there but... still worth the trip as they had a little of everything (pups to the largest of largest...and everything in between).   :)

Good to hear that it's worth the trip, because we're headed there now, from Braselton!

We are thinking about trying to squeeze in a quick camping trip this weekend and I was wondering if anyone was going to be out camping in our area.  We are located in Cobb and I am wanting something fairly close by.

We are also thinking about going to the Atlanta Camping and RV Show.  Anyone heading there want to meet up?

Well, I'm a little late in my reply....

We lived in Cobb for about five years and our three favorite places for a quick weekend were:

Cloudland Canyon

McKinney Campground (COE on Altoona)

Victoria Campground (COE on Altoona - closed in the winter)

We then started exploring norther GA to the northeast of Altanta (think the Blue Ridge area) before we ended up buying three acres of land just over the NC line from GA.

There is a lot of pretty camping in that area!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, I didn't know about this one. This is closer to us than the last one. I think we went here for the pet expo last year or the year before. I think we pretty much know what we plan on getting, but it might be fun to go see what they have here. We might swing by tomorrow and look around.