Man, that would be sweet with the 7.3(?) Power stroke.....

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I think that was way to early for the 7.3 but I do think they had a diesel then. We actually knew someone that towed their 5th wheel with one and they loved it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have priced out a new Sportchassis to haul our 5th wheel and sorry but I do not think they are worth the 150 thousand price tag, nice yes but not worth it.

Just curious....what did you see as the drawbacks?  We have looked at several "supertruck" type vehicles, F650, International MXT/CXT type stuff.

Thanks

Just curious....what did you see as the drawbacks?  We have looked at several "supertruck" type vehicles, F650, International MXT/CXT type stuff.

Thanks

Price the biggest drawback, I have been searching larger trucks and have found good trucks at much better prices, I have been looking at mainly class 8 trucks converted to pull 5th wheels. Just still trying to convince myself to buy.

I have priced out a new Sportchassis to haul our 5th wheel and sorry but I do not think they are worth the 150 thousand price tag, nice yes but not worth it.

Thanks

Price the biggest drawback, I have been searching larger trucks and have found good trucks at much better prices, I have been looking at mainly class 8 trucks converted to pull 5th wheels. Just still trying to convince myself to buy.

I had looked into these larger trucks before. But with the power and tow ratings that diesel pickups have gotten to within the last 3 years I just don't see a need for them to pull a RV. Maybe if you were full timing but even then that's a lot of truck to have to deal with every day.

I had looked into these larger trucks before. But with the power and tow ratings that diesel pickups have gotten to within the last 3 years I just don't see a need for them to pull a RV. Maybe if you were full timing but even then that's a lot of truck to have to deal with every day.

Very true now but the new trucks are priced so high, we do travel all summer so that's the reason I was looking at the larger ones plus I am now towing with a Ford F350 with the 6.0 so I worry that it will have problems as so many have. Also looking at a more full timers unit which in turn is heavier, the new 450 fro Ford is a choice plus a better network of dealers if something would go wrong.

Very true now but the new trucks are priced so high, we do travel all summer so that's the reason I was looking at the larger ones plus I am now towing with a Ford F350 with the 6.0 so I worry that it will have problems as so many have. Also looking at a more full timers unit which in turn is heavier, the new 450 fro Ford is a choice plus a better network of dealers if something would go wrong.

I love my 2012 f-350 it pulls like there is nothing back there. Never liked my 6.0 for pulling it was a nice truck just had no power. I only have 17,000 miles on my ford. But so far the only thing done to it is filters, fluids and tire rotation. It's a great truck. I never said that about my 6.0

I love my 2012 f-350 it pulls like there is nothing back there. Never liked my 6.0 for pulling it was a nice truck just had no power. I only have 17,000 miles on my ford. But so far the only thing done to it is filters, fluids and tire rotation. It's a great truck. I never said that about my 6.0

Thanks for the info, I still like the idea of the 450 as it still to me seems to be the best pick up for towing, have looked at the 35oo Dodge but still like the Fords, how is your towing millage?

If you are looking at a 450 wait until the 2015 models are out, they corrected what they screwed up in the 2011-2014 450's. Don't get me wrong, I love my 2011 F450 but it's not the 450 of old. Like I said, they are returning them to what they used to be in 2015.

Thanks for the info, I still like the idea of the 450 as it still to me seems to be the best pick up for towing, have looked at the 35oo Dodge but still like the Fords, how is your towing millage?

75mph 8 to 9. 65 mph 9 to 10. In my 6.0 I was getting 6 to 7. I have heard alot of good about the 2014 rams.

If you are looking at a 450 wait until the 2015 models are out, they corrected what they screwed up in the 2011-2014 450's. Don't get me wrong, I love my 2011 F450 but it's not the 450 of old. Like I said, they are returning them to what they used to be in 2015.

Yes if I was wanting a f-450 I would also wait for the 2015. I down sized my trailer so I don't need that much truck but it would have been nice with my old trailer.

You are the 2nd person who has said to wait and I did hear that some improvements were on the way, thanks

yeah, they neutured the F450 pickup pretty good in 2011. My 2006 cab and chassis F350 has the same rear end rating as a 2014 F450. But I have to say that my 3200lb +/- pin weight doesn't even level my truck out. My 1999 F450 cab and chassis has a set up that dwarfs my 350. It will also make you cringe when you hit anything larger than a dime while unloaded.

Love my F250 2011 6.7 diesel. 20+ on the highway unloaded and 11-13 easy pulling 30 ft TT. Almost 40k miles and zero complaints. I'm hoping to be one of those folks that are lucky enough to see the odometer tick over 300,000 miles.