Hello all, another rookie question here. First thanks to all who responded to my loop question. I am hoping to get some more great suggestions for this question. We are traveling from Knoxville to the fort and are planning to stop over near The GA/FL state line. I would welcome any suggestions ya'll might have for campgrounds. Thanks!

GA exit 5 Eagles Roost there's a KOA there as well. We've only stayed at Eagles Roost.

Actually, I don't think it's a KOA any more. When I drove past last week, it looked like a Camping World. Just checked the KOA site. There is no longer a KOA showing.

I also recommend Eagle Roost!

We stayed at Agrirama in Tifton, GA the last time we went down to Florida, it is at exit 63 on 75 south. It is right off the interstate and is basically a parking lot for overnighting, has water and electric but no sewer. I'm pretty sure they call it the Georgia Museum of Agriculture and Historic Village. When we were there last it was $20 to stay and the security guard came by to get it from you. We are planning on staying there in May when we head down to the fort.

Oh, and welcome from another Knoxvillian :)

We stayed at Agrirama in Tifton, GA the last time we went down to Florida, it is at exit 63 on 75 south. It is right off the interstate and is basically a parking lot for overnighting, has water and electric but no sewer. I'm pretty sure they call it the Georgia Museum of Agriculture and Historic Village. When we were there last it was $20 to stay and the security guard came by to get it from you. We are planning on staying there in May when we head down to the fort.

Campground is closed, that used to be a stop for us.

We stayed at Agrirama in Tifton, GA the last time we went down to Florida, it is at exit 63 on 75 south. It is right off the interstate and is basically a parking lot for overnighting, has water and electric but no sewer. I'm pretty sure they call it the Georgia Museum of Agriculture and Historic Village. When we were there last it was $20 to stay and the security guard came by to get it from you. We are planning on staying there in May when we head down to the fort.

Oh, and welcome from another Knoxvillian :)

RV Park reviews has this posted abut Agrirama:  "Unfortunately they will no longer allow RV parking as of August 1, 2011. We called to make a reservation for August 2nd. We camped here in a Motorhome."

New to the area is the I-75 RV Park  http://i75rvpark.com/

Literally right off the exit.  I have not stayed there but it looks like a great option for easy on/off

I75RVPark.JPG

Thank for the heads up on Agrirama not doing the RV thing anymore, that really stinks as we liked that stop a lot. I guess I need to check out Eagles Roost or the I75 Park for this May.

As for the return trip, we stay at the KOA in Forsyth, GA. It is an easy on\off and they deliver pizza to your campsite. I'm not sure if it was due to the fact we had been in the truck all day but their pizza and wings were fantastic.

Thank for the heads up on Agrirama not doing the RV thing anymore, that really stinks as we liked that stop a lot. I guess I need to check out Eagles Roost or the I75 Park for this May.

As for the return trip, we stay at the KOA in Forsyth, GA. It is an easy on\off and they deliver pizza to your campsite. I'm not sure if it was due to the fact we had been in the truck all day but their pizza and wings were fantastic.

I've stayed at the KOA in Forsyth also on the way down, nice stop too, but still a ways from the Georgia line.  that is usually my stop if I can't leave Huntsville till after 5.

Eagles Roost is my stop if I get out at 2