A writeup on Animal kingdom referred to the former home of the Festival of the Lion King and Pocahontas, along with other attractions.  It said Camp MinnieMickey closed on Jan 5th 2014 for renovation into Avatar Land.  I knew about the other shows and Meet and greets closing, but Festival of the Lion King?  That was my only reason to go to AK...except the Safari.

• 1 month later...

Thanks. I hope it's open for our may/ June trip.

As summer doesn't start until June 21st, anytime before that is not technically summer, it's still Spring. So based on their wording on the officially current announcement, and what is visible at the construction site, I'm thinking you'll probably be too early. But who knows, things change.

As summer doesn't start until June 21st, anytime before that is not technically summer, it's still Spring. So based on their wording on the officially current announcement, and what is visible at the construction site, I'm thinking you'll probably be too early. But who knows, things change.

Where are they moving it to?

We loved the show when we were there 3 years ago, my daughter got to join in when they bring the kids in. We were looking forward to it this year, too bad it is closed for now. So, we will go see nemo and the birds.