Suggestions for overnights around Lex, KY and Macon, GA

By the looks of our schedule and due to driving the I-75 route instead of the I-77 route from Northeast Ohio, I'd like to plan to stop over for the night somewhere around Lexington, KY and then again somewhere around Macon, GA (or even a little further south of that point). 

Anyone have suggestions on where to pull off 75 and camp for the night?  We leave in 18 days!

Thanks!

The only thing in Lexington is the Ky Horse Park and all they have are back-ins w/e. Not sure if they are even open yet. There is also a Good Sam Park in Georgetown . Whispering Hills which is a couple miles off the X-way. Really slim pickens along that stretch of I-75,

I saw the Ky Horse Park place, didn't look too bad.  I'll call and see if they'll be open by 3/26 for driving day 1.

I also found the Tobesofkee Park(s) just off 475 outside of Macon.  Looks like 475 cuts the corner south, and the parks look pretty nice.  Again, I'll call and see if they will be open on 3/37 as an option for driving day 2.

Thanks everyone!

There's always camp Wally. We did Walmart on the way down. Too convenient!! No setup or tear down, just pull in, lights out, wake up, eat, go. With the cost of fuel to run the genny, it's probably a wash, but we usually drive until 9-10 pm so I don't want to make a bunch of noise pulling in to a CG at that hour

Spinner

So our travel plans have changed slightly....we will be taking two days to get down the FW, and three days to get back.

On the way down, we'll be stopping somewhere in the Chattanooga, TN area......I'm liking what I've read so far about a place called Holiday Trav-L-Park.....anyone stay there before?

On the way home, we plan to stop twice...once around Macon (I like the looks of the Tobesofkee Rec area campground), and the second night around the Lexington area (So far, I like what I've learned about the Whispering Hills place in that area).

Am I missing out on any other lesser-known, but better, places to camp overnight?

Near Lexington, Whispering HIlls is only a couple of years old, and the folks who own it are nice people.  That and the Horse Park are really the only two choices I know of in the immediate Lexington area. 

Further south is Renfro Valley (there are two campgrounds there, ok for an overnighter, and good country music shows) and further north there is a Good Sam Cincinnati South (older CG, nice place. Some are bothered by the highway noise there).

On the way down, we'll be stopping somewhere in the Chattanooga, TN area......I'm liking what I've read so far about a place called Holiday Trav-L-Park.....anyone stay there before?

As Dave said it's a nice place, but if you don't mind KOA's I would drive down to exit 350 at Ringold. It's a lot easier on and off I-75.