AP holders now being mailed Magic bands

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool. But two boxes arrived at the TCD household on Saturday (I removed the girl's names to protect them from stalkers). We also got the ID cards, but ours are gold: I added the "AP" to the end

• 2 weeks later...

Yippie Mickey!   :jumpforjoy Our AP Magic Bands came yesterday. And our AP Gold Discount cards, which we have to carry if we want the free parking & merchandise discount.  I'm not sure I see the advantage of the MBs if I still have to carry a plastic card in my wallet. I might just as well keep the AP card & leave everything else at home.  We also just ordered our MBs for our stay at the Fort in the fall, so now we're 2/7ths of the way to a complete collection!

When we get our new APs in December, will we get new plastic APs to use for the free parking & shopping discounts? We can't use the gold cards because they are dated to expire in December of 2014. We're going to be in FL for the winter so we're gonna be SOL if they insist on mailing them to our home address.   :flush2:   I know, I know, it's in a testing phase & subject to change without notice. :beathorse:

I'm not sure I see the advantage of the MBs if I still have to carry a plastic card in my wallet. I might just as well keep the AP card & leave everything else at home.  

Bingo.

Also, don't forget your photo ID. You'll have to show that when your MagicBand doesn't work.  But not before waiting on a long line behind other guests with the same problem.

And your Smartphone-so you can take screenshots and prove that you really have the FP+'s that the machines say you don't.

Oh, and if you're at the Fort, you'll also need to carry the blank KTTW card they give you at check in so you can open the Comfort Stations, Laundry Rooms, and Returning Guest Gate.

Otherwise, the $1.5 billion investment in this new technology is really great!

TCD

Yippie Mickey!   :jumpforjoy Our AP Magic Bands came yesterday. And our AP Gold Discount cards, which we have to carry if we want the free parking & merchandise discount.  I'm not sure I see the advantage of the MBs if I still have to carry a plastic card in my wallet. I might just as well keep the AP card & leave everything else at home.  We also just ordered our MBs for our stay at the Fort in the fall, so now we're 2/7ths of the way to a complete collection!

When we get our new APs in December, will we get new plastic APs to use for the free parking & shopping discounts? We can't use the gold cards because they are dated to expire in December of 2014. We're going to be in FL for the winter so we're gonna be SOL if they insist on mailing them to our home address.   :flush2:   I know, I know, it's in a testing phase & subject to change without notice. :beathorse:

I would think that if you purchased an AP onsite, they would issue you a card onsite.

Bingo.

Also, don't forget your photo ID. You'll have to show that when your MagicBand doesn't work.  But not before waiting on a long line behind other guests with the same problem.

And your Smartphone-so you can take screenshots and prove that you really have the FP+'s that the machines say you don't.

Oh, and if you're at the Fort, you'll also need to carry the blank KTTW card they give you at check in so you can open the Comfort Stations, Laundry Rooms, and Returning Guest Gate.

Otherwise, the $1.5 billion investment in this new technology is really great!

TCD

I already carry my driver's license to get the merchandise discount & in case a zealous CM wants to see it to get the free parking. Had that happen twice at DAK last winter. No other park. My wife had problems getting admitted to the parks with her AP. There seemed to be a problem with her finger scan. The CMs would ask her what park she last visited before admitting her. Once at the MK she had to show her driver's license & they reset her finger scan. Ain't technology great!

I didn't realize they were still issuing the KTTW cards. I thought the MBs opened the gate & laundry rooms.

I would think that if you purchased an AP onsite, they would issue you a card onsite.

Maybe I'll get a choice if I want a new AP card w/RFID chip or a new Gold Card. 

I didn't realize they were still issuing the KTTW cards. I thought the MBs opened the gate & laundry rooms.

There have been mixed reports about this.

Some people say that their MB's opened the comfort stations and gate.

But, when I checked in on March 6, just over a month ago, I was told that my MB's would not open the comfort station doors or gate.  And they didn't.  We were issued blank KTTW cards to use for this purpose.

TCD