Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party

I apologize if this topic has been brought up in the past. I have only been apart of this wonderful blog for about 6 months. I was thinking about this earlier. I have been going to WDW almost since day 1. My hubby and I started making our own traditions since we were married in 2001. One of the traditions was going to MVMCP. I want to say the first three years we went it was great. Not only was it great, the ticket was under $30 if I am not mistaken. Then every year something was taken away. It started with no MVMCP. Then they stopped taking family pictures, then the annual party ornaments went from porcelain to felt. But the biggest thing I missed is when they had all party quest waiting on either side of the park. They would close up all the stores and change out the merchandise to party souvenirs. Then after all non party guest had left, the party started. Now I feel that it is just a extension of the day at MK for another $65 for 5 hours. We haven't attended the party for the last two years. It is very disappointing. Has anyone else attended the party within the last couple of years?

The Christmas party used to be a tradition for us, but it's been a long time since we've gone.  As passholders, there isn't really anything that goes on at the Christmas party that we can't see during a regular MK visit.  The prices have gone way up, and so have the crowds.

We still hit the Halloween party almost every year.  There are unique things at the Halloween party, and we enjoy the fun atmosphere.

The thing that baffles me about the Christmas party is that they seem to add more dates every year, and despite the high cost and the changes, they still pack guests in. 

TCD

Never have done the MNSSHP. I have told hubby I want to do it at least once. I have noticed the crowds getting larger also. Many of them being cheerleaders. Unfortunately, Do you realize how many cookies and cups of hot chocolate you can buy for $65? I don't think we will be going again unless I can kidnap the grandchildren and take them

Ha ha ha! We were one of those guests last year. It was our first time and we really enjoyed it. However, I had an 8 and 2 year-old. We'd do it again. I loved the cookies and hot chocolate and the performances. Our favorite areas was Captain Jack and Stitch. This year we are going to the Halloween party. We're excited about doing that. When are the dates usually released for the Halloween party?

The Christmas party used to be a tradition for us, but it's been a long time since we've gone. As passholders, there isn't really anything that goes on at the Christmas party that we can't see during a regular MK visit. The prices have gone way up, and so have the crowds.

We still hit the Halloween party almost every year. There are unique things at the Halloween party, and we enjoy the fun atmosphere.

The thing that baffles me about the Christmas party is that they seem to add more dates every year, and despite the high cost and the changes, they still pack guests in.

TCD

As TCD stated, as a passholder now, we will be skipping this event along with the MNSSHP. Even though we enjoy both of them they both have unique items. I will say if you want to do Disney on a budget, and your not a AP holder, I would say take advantage of both. The price is almost 1/2 the cost now of a single day MK ticket and you do get some extras. They let you in the park at 4pm then funnel out the people who do not have a party bracelet after 7. I think depending on what day of the week you go and the weather you may get a good night where a lot of rides are a 5 minute or less wait

I always thought the Main Street snow was exclusive to the MVMCP, but during the week before and after Christmas, they blow the fake snow on Main Street at night.

And, you can see all the fake snow you want at the Osborne Lights at DHS.

Or if want to see Faux snow for free, go to downtown Celebration during the Christmas season.

No amusement rides, but they have almost everything else.