Newcomers...when to request a specific loop???

On our recent stay, Jason faxed our top 5 requests six days prior to arrival (I think...Jason, correct me if I'm wrong). Not only did we not get our requested sites, we didn't even get into our requested loop, which was 500.

To emphasize, NOT blaming Jason here! And as it turned out, we landed in loop 700 which we loved, so all was well, but since the thread is about requesting sites, just sharing that our request got us nada.

Along those lines...we keep a notebook of all possible loops with notes on lots of sites that would be good options (and in many cases, would NOT work for us) so when we check in, we are armed with that info.  Thanks to Gwen, we had made some notes on the 700 loop from our visit in the fall and they had one of those sites for us, and it turned out fantastic.

...we keep a notebook of all possible loops with notes on lots of sites that would be good options (and in many cases, would NOT work for us) so when we check in, we are armed with that info. 

^THIS^ (although I put the list in my phone so I don't lose it) plus the FortFiends site app and we pretty much have all the bases covered.

This October was actually the first year in the past 7 that we didn't get one of our requested sites in the 300 loop.  Turns out there was a huge GG that took up most of 1600 with overflow in 300, so all the sites we normally request were already occupied.

They wanted to give us one of the inside sites - which we knew we'd never fit in.  Luckily they said, "ok no problem, how about we upgrade you to 500 (premium)?"

Why thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

No charge for the modem, just a signature, a promise, and your first born.  And you have to pick it up and return it during store hours.

Resorts:  Grand Floridian (GF), the Polynesian, and the Contemporary (CR) are all on the resort monorail line, making a loop which includes the entrance to the MK.  So these would be easy to get to, and all very different in decor.

Tent:  If you plan to set the tent on ground vs concrete, be sure to have a ground cover to keep moisture from seeping up.

Pleasure:  Enjoy your trip and post a report, either during or after your return.

Tent:  If you plan to set the tent on ground vs concrete, be sure to have a ground cover to keep moisture from seeping up.

At the fort, I use two layers of ground cover. I use a layer of disposable plastic first, then my real ground cloth. The layer of disposable plastic goes in the trash!!!!!

I also have a layer of plastic cut to fit inside the tent, just in case a small amount does seep through, it stays under the plastic.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in the 1400 loop on our last visit, it is located right next to the pool and the nightly movies and smore campfire. And if you need something from the store it is also close by. Our first day was a non park day so we took the boat across the lake to the Contemporary Hotel and walked around then hopped on the monorail and went for a ride, there are many resorts you can stop at to look around, on our way back the boat also stops at the Wilderness Lodge which is close to the Fort what a beautiful resort it is something not to miss. As far as golf carts go Disney is not letting outside companies bring their carts on the property for rental anymore. The company we rented our trailer from also had a few carts so we got one at a lower price, is it something you need no but it was fun.

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, prior to arriving last Friday, I did the online check-in (about 2 weeks ago).  When I did it, there was a place for me to choose a couple of selections on which loops I would want.  I only made one selection, the 1400 loop and that is what I got when I arrived.

FWIW, prior to arriving last Friday, I did the online check-in (about 2 weeks ago).  When I did it, there was a place for me to choose a couple of selections on which loops I would want.  I only made one selection, the 1400 loop and that is what I got when I arrived.

Good to know ,thanks!