Camping World has taken over the KOA in Lake Park, GA exit 5 however it is not yet open. They are still working on the paperwork with the State. So if this was one of you usual stops it will probably not be open until the summer.

I've been wondering for a while if Affinity will ever try to buy KOA.  Marcus Lamonis has consolidated a lot of other things in the RV industry under the Camping World and Good Sam names.

They did take over that dealership that was there and there is also a CW store there.
  • 2 months later...

Camping World has taken over the KOA in Lake Park, GA exit 5 however it is not yet open. They are still working on the paperwork with the State. So if this was one of you usual stops it will probably not be open until the summer.

We stopped there on our way down to the Fort last month.  Not at the campground, but the store...or should I say, the service dept :)

I'll stick with Eagles Roost on the other side of the interstate

That's where we stayed last month on the way down and my only complaint is how narrow the sites are. I actually noticed the CG across the interstate and wanted to take a look at it for a possible overnight on the next trip but didnt get over there.