Free Dining is once again returning and is currently open for Disney Visa Card holders, which usually means it will open up for the public in a few days or so.  As always, the campsites at Fort Wilderness are excluded. 

A Room Only discount is apparently also being offered for travel between 8/16 – 10/3. I don't have information to confirm if campsites are eligible for that, but I'm betting Jason may.  :)

Info from DisneyDining...

http://www.disneydining.com/news-disney-visa-card-holders-offered-free-dining/

News! Disney Visa Card Holders Offered Free Dining
Posted by Disney Dining on May 2, 2014 in News | 3300 Views

News! Disney Visa Card Holders Offered Free Dining

Free Dining is now available for Disney Visa Card holders!!!

Booking Dates for this offer are between May 7 – August 8, 2014

Disney Visa Card Holders will be able to book beginning May 2, 2014* (with immediate deposit required on the Disney Visa.)

Those staying in Value Resorts will get free Basic Disney Dining, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts get free Plus Disney Dining. All plans can be upgraded from Basic to Plus and Plus to Deluxe.

Numbers of rooms allocated for this discount are limited.

To receive free dining you must be purchase a resort package with a minimum of 3 night stay and 2 day park ticket.

Here are the travel arrival dates:

August 31-October 3

October 26- November 1

November 9-November 20

December 12-December 23

The following resorts are excluded:

All-Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Grand Floridian Villas, Fort Wilderness Campsites, Art of Animation Little Mermaid Rooms and all 3 Bedroom Villas.

A Room Only Discount will also be available for travel between 8/16 – 10/3.

Mo beat me to putting this together. Sadly everything I have seen for the room only excludes the campsites yet again.

Sorry Jason - I've already had 3 cups of coffee.   :jumpforjoy

And pooh about the campsite discount (or lack thereof... again).  Does that mean that AAA is still the best bet for campsite discounts?

Sorry Jason - I've already had 3 cups of coffee.   :jumpforjoy

And pooh about the campsite discount (or lack thereof... again).  Does that mean that AAA is still the best bet for campsite discounts?

As far as I have been able to find AAA is the winner when available.

Interestingly Sil and I may forgo the Fort in Sept. For about $17 more than our campsite and PUP rental we can stay at POP with Free Dining. 

ETA and that was with a AAA rate on our campsite. 

As far as I have been able to find AAA is the winner when available.

Interestingly Sil and I may forgo the Fort in Sept. For about $17 more than our campsite and PUP rental we can stay at POP with Free Dining.

ETA and that was with a AAA rate on our campsite.

Don't you have an AP?

I was planning to buy one in July but certain things have changed and I don't know if I am going to make it enough times during the 1 year window to make it worth while.

Ahh I thought you already had one. I would totally pick free dining over the fort. It's a huge savings

If you are an annual pass holder (in my case seasonal pass holder) since you don't need tickets you can't get the free dining even if you have a reservation at one of the hotels that offer it during that time frame?

Correct, you have to buy park tickets of a minimum length.

So this used to work, but I'm not sure if things have changed... if you're an AP holder, can you hang onto that ticket (don't use it - use your AP) and then when your AP expires, use/upgrade the 2 ticket for a new AP?

Would need to double check but that should work.