We are going to England, France, Germany, and if we have time Austria this summer. And I was on Amazon ordering a external battery for my iPhone when I realized I need to get a converter for our trip. Does anybody know what compact converter would work best for out iPhones and iPad?

Thanks

Check your charger to see if you even need one.  I know for our laptop, camera charger and I believe the ipad charger.....we only needed the adapter for the different plug sizes, but not a converter as the power packs are built for any location in the world and automatically adapt to different power levels between 100-240 volts.  However, we did use a converter for other items and I picked them up at the luggage store in the mall.  Somewhere between $10-20 IIRC.  

Nope but there better be a trip report.

Fun!!! Ditto what Beckers said.

Check out Rick Steves' website. He has lots of information and also QA forums. I have all my notes from London. If you are interested let me know and I'll email them to you.

I'm sure I'll take one or two pictures.

Ill pm you my email address. We are doing 3 nights in London and would like to hit as many hot spots as possible.

Check your charger to see if you even need one.  I know for our laptop, camera charger and I believe the ipad charger.....we only needed the adapter for the different plug sizes, but not a converter as the power packs are built for any location in the world and automatically adapt to different power levels between 100-240 volts.  However, we did use a converter for other items and I picked them up at the luggage store in the mall.  Somewhere between $10-20 IIRC.

Didn't think about the luggage store. And I have to service a machine in the mall today were the luggage store is at.

Thanks

Ray- When are you going?

TCD twin #1 is in Paris at this very moment, and then will be hopping over to London in a couple of weeks.

A friend of hers lent her an adapter for the Apple products she brought along.  I can send you a photo of it in about a month.

TCD

Awesome. I'm sure she's having a blast.

We are going july 13-24.

Dave is correct all around. Your iPhone/iPad will handle the voltage no problem, it's just the shape of the plug you'll need an adapter for, and a luggage store (or even Wal-Mart) should have a multi-plug adapter kit.

Edit to add: Most, but not every device is voltage flexible, so make sure you double check before you plug them in.