GDF Family weekend TR or maybe just a commercial for a GG at Lake Lanier

I think those houseboats are about $1,000 a weekend. They have a hot tub and 4 very small bedrooms (an upper and lower on each side). Jason's old company used to rent 2 for a weekend each summer and have a big party. I'd recommend finding a nice beach to pull up on and chilling there though. The whole getting run over my a cigarette boat thing could ruin your vacation. 

For $1K I'll go to Havasu and vacation in style.....

I know all about the 'cigarette boats'.  Seen and heard it many times in my days here 'Down The Shore'.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of you stop it now! Don't make me stop this car and seperate you!

Wow.  Tough looking view.  The closest we have to this is Spruce Run http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/spruce.html#camp .  State park, dry camping but only $20/night.     Yeah, and it l

What a pretty day. Happy belated Mother's Day. It's a good thing the lake wasn't busy with boating around with no clothes on. I hope you put on sunscreen.

GDF, the boat slip is just fine.

Especially since you got the RV.

Dump stations are only bad if you have the J.O. that feels the need to dump/rinse/dump/rinse/dump/rinse when there's a line of others looking to just dump.

The hibachi mickey is AWESOME.

Come to Oklahoma. My FIL has a 45' Gibson, 2 bed 2 bath. We also have a 25' Crest pontoon. I maintain it for him, and most of the time I'm the captain. It won't cost you guys $1.00. Just bring those two little cuties.

Can I come?  I got two cuties....

Come to Oklahoma. My FIL has a 45' Gibson, 2 bed 2 bath. We also have a 25' Crest pontoon. I maintain it for him, and most of the time I'm the captain. It won't cost you guys $1.00. Just bring those two little cuties.

Funny you mention a Gibson... that's the boat I have my eye on.... I've seen people buy older ones and totally redo the inside. They're pretty cool. 

For $1K I'll go to Havasu and vacation in style.....

I know all about the 'cigarette boats'.  Seen and heard it many times in my days here 'Down The Shore'.

I don't know where that is, but I agree 1K is too much. 

Shore... you live in Jersey, right? 

GDF, the boat slip is just fine.

Especially since you got the RV.

Dump stations are only bad if you have the J.O. that feels the need to dump/rinse/dump/rinse/dump/rinse when there's a line of others looking to just dump.

The hibachi mickey is AWESOME.

Yes, before we bought our trailer and again before we bought the Class C, we toyed with getting a houseboat. I still want one, but there's a problem or 2. First, I like to go places, and the houseboat is trapped. Second, I can't currently afford a houseboat and an RV, so that settles it. Gas is another huge factor. At some point, I'd also consider a cruiser, but those things are even more expensive than a houseboat. There is a lot of money on Lake Lanier. 

Funny you mention a Gibson... that's the boat I have my eye on.... I've seen people buy older ones and totally redo the inside. They're pretty cool.

IMHO. Gibson makes the best houseboat. Their hulls are far superior than most of those flat bottom boats. Their fiberglass is a lot thicker, and the quality of materials used so much better than those Mobile homes they put on the water. If you ever buy one make sure you get one with dual engines and a fly bridge. Dual engines makes it easy to dock and the fly bridge just makes you look cool driving it.

IMHO. Gibson makes the best houseboat. Their hulls are far superior than most of those flat bottom boats. Their fiberglass is a lot thicker, and the quality of materials used so much better than those Mobile homes they put on the water. If you ever buy one make sure you get one with dual engines and a fly bridge. Dual engines makes it easy to dock and the fly bridge just makes you look cool driving it.

Double engines are a must. Did you see what's on those rentals? LOL

And "look cool"? My husband demands all day BACON, that's a given. 

We an rent a 12 passenger van and road trip it out to ray's!

Wait a second. This was supposed to convince everyone to come to GEORGIA. We'll camp. And use our boat. Ray can bring his too. 

Double engines are a must. Did you see what's on those rentals? LOL

And "look cool"? My husband demands all day BACON, that's a given.

Wait a second. This was supposed to convince everyone to come to GEORGIA. We'll camp. And use our boat. Ray can bring his too.

We will pick up Ray and the family and swing down your way. Nj to OK to GA!

Of course. The more the merrier.

Careful what you say....I may be there with the rest of the fiends. 

On a personal note.  Thank you.  This is what FF is all about.  Opening up for all.

Bless you.

I don't know where that is, but I agree 1K is too much. 

Shore... you live in Jersey, right? 

Yes, before we bought our trailer and again before we bought the Class C, we toyed with getting a houseboat. I still want one, but there's a problem or 2. First, I like to go places, and the houseboat is trapped. Second, I can't currently afford a houseboat and an RV, so that settles it. Gas is another huge factor. At some point, I'd also consider a cruiser, but those things are even more expensive than a houseboat. There is a lot of money on Lake Lanier. 

Yo.  Dat Rite. Da Jerz Shore.  Fuggeddiboutit.

I think you have chosen wisely.  You're getting the best of all worlds.

And Z IS loving it....that's what it's all about.......

We an rent a 12 passenger van and road trip it out to ray's!

We will pick up Ray and the family and swing down your way. Nj to OK to GA!

OK, this is getting too complicated.

We'll do the 12 pass van to Ray's.  I'm good with that.

If we go to Lake Lanier and hang with GDF, we're doing the camper.  Beckers and family can follow allow with a vehicle and sleep in our camper if she hasn't bought one by then.....

Careful what you say....I may be there with the rest of the fiends. 

On a personal note.  Thank you.  This is what FF is all about.  Opening up for all.

Bless you.

Yo.  Dat Rite. Da Jerz Shore.  Fuggeddiboutit.

I think you have chosen wisely.  You're getting the best of all worlds.

And Z IS loving it....that's what it's all about.......

I agree; what we're doing now is the best of both, but when I win the lottery... 

Where at the shore? My family (everyone but me) is from Ventnor or Margate. Sorry if I've asked before. 

OK, this is getting too complicated.

We'll do the 12 pass van to Ray's.  I'm good with that.

If we go to Lake Lanier and hang with GDF, we're doing the camper.  Beckers and family can follow allow with a vehicle and sleep in our camper if she hasn't bought one by then.....

No visiting Ray until after the Lake Lanier GG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that was painful to type and didn't flow naturally lol

painful.....yes....it's not me...just the stigma...sorry.

I have Ray's address, a surprise GG at his house is possible :P

I'm in.

I agree; what we're doing now is the best of both, but when I win the lottery... 

Where at the shore? My family (everyone but me) is from Ventnor or Margate. Sorry if I've asked before. 

No visiting Ray until after the Lake Lanier GG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lottery...we all have those dreams.  And, DO NOT LOSE THOSE DREAMS.

Holy crap.  Born and raised in Margate.  I'm in Toms River now.  We need to talk.

You said it first.  GG at Lake Lanier, then free rides and all at Ray's......

I like looking at the houseboats at Defeated Creek.  And they have the best of both worlds.  They can stay there if they want, but they can also leave and navigate all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.  The lakes around Nashville can head down the Cumberland to the Ohio River to the Mississippi.  

All are welcome.

If I could id load up the pontoon and head to Georgia. Lake Lanier is beautiful.

We have a small place at the lake 2bed 2 bath but the people we bought it from has a RV and put in electric and water next to it. First one to arrive gets the hook ups. The rest of you will have to sleep on FIL's houseboat.

All are welcome.

If I could id load up the pontoon and head to Georgia. Lake Lanier is beautiful.

We have a small place at the lake 2bed 2 bath but the people we bought it from has a RV and put in electric and water next to it. First one to arrive gets the hook ups. The rest of you will have to sleep on FIL's houseboat.

I am on it!! Those hookups will be mine!