Myrtle Beach State Campground

Last weekend, the girls, their better halves and my lil monkey, decided to spend Mother's Day and my birthday at the state campground in Myrtle Beach.  It was my second time tent camping there and we like it.  The issue was, it apparently was the start of bike week in Myrtle Beach.  For 2 straight nights, the grand and I were wakened to the extremely loud noise of a motorcycle entering the campground at around 3 AM!!!  Once, I heard the park ranger stop a bike (in which he had to turn off the engine to hear the man talking to him, and then RESTART the engine to get to his site) but the ranger was reiterating the curfew rules.  This was going down just outside of our site.  

All I can say is that there is an etiquette to camping and campground rules that make it enjoyable for all.  Both, of which were not followed.  I was furious.  Lesson learned.

No photos of the site but I did snap these of my heart!

DSC_0718_zps191d7e2f.jpg

DSC_0727_zpsdd948c01.jpg

Your granddaughter is adorable!

We've vacationed in Myrtle Beach during bike week many times.  It's an unbelievably loud experience!

We're always at Ocean Lakes.  There our site is a mile from the main road and we still hear the motorcycles.  OLFC has a strict rule that no one can ride a motorcycle into the campground, and it is strictly enforced.  

I don't have any pictures (pre digital camera time), but in the evening the Ocean Lakes campers bring their golf carts up to Kings Highway to watch the motorcycles pass.

What a cutie! I love the joy of kids at the beach. 

We have stayed at Ocean Lakes and Myrtle Beach Travel Park. Ocean Lakes was not our thing, way too many drunk teens driving golf carts and playing music super loud until midnight. Like imagine as many carts as you've ever seen at the Fort, all playing music and cruising. We enjoyed Myrtle Beach Travel Park much more. It seemed to have all the nice things about Ocean Lakes without the chaos. 

Honestly though, we're Gulf people. I much prefer the restaurants and laid back nature of the Florida panhandle. For us, it's about the same drive either way, so we always head south now. 

What a cutie! I love the joy of kids at the beach. 

We have stayed at Ocean Lakes and Myrtle Beach Travel Park. Ocean Lakes was not our thing, way too many drunk teens driving golf carts and playing music super loud until midnight. Like imagine as many carts as you've ever seen at the Fort, all playing music and cruising. We enjoyed Myrtle Beach Travel Park much more. It seemed to have all the nice things about Ocean Lakes without the chaos. 

Honestly though, we're Gulf people. I much prefer the restaurants and laid back nature of the Florida panhandle. For us, it's about the same drive either way, so we always head south now. 

Considering that we are from the area, OL is THE place to go for spring break and senior beach week if you are tween or teen.  I tend to stay far far away from there.  In fact, Mother's Day weekend, I was at MBSP and my oldest was in the middle of the chaos at OL.  It's just not my thing either.  And Kelly, I could never agree more wholeheartedly than "I prefer the Gulf!!!"  Anywhere on the panhandle or even Orange Beach.  Making me homesick :(

Thank you all for the sweet words about my grand!  She is a HAND FULL!!!  And so full of personality.  December will be her very first Disney trip with Mimi!  I cannot wait!!!