The Peter Principle rears it's ugly head again at WDW.

You may have seen or read elsewhere that the VP of the WDW transportation department is stepping down and will be the VP of Epcot.

If he does what he did for WDW Transport, don't look for many significant improvements at Epcot. He's all show and no go.

As far as I know, he has zero experience in theme park operations. His background is in bus transportation.

He's done very little to improve things in monorails and watercraft during his tenure. And from a guest's perspective, things are no better now than they were six years ago in buses, and may be a little worse.

Big deal, so he's added 12 articulated buses which are much more expensive, only carry 50% more people, can only fit at certain locations, and are used only during certain times of the day at a few resorts.

Oh, he's changed the look of the buses, so that now there are three exterior paint schemes instead of just one.

And because of the small number and size of the articulated buses, they had to add another huge bus loop at MK.

So is TCD right that "the place is run by idiots"?

So your saying the one entire side of "Future World" that needs to meet Miley and her wrecking ball is not going anywhere for awhile?

Awesome.

It's worse than you think.  For the 35th anniversary of Epcot, he is having Spaceship Earth's exterior redone to resemble a wrecking ball, with a huge, inflatable naked Miley perched on top.  

So your saying the one entire side of "Future World" that needs to meet Miley and her wrecking ball is not going anywhere for awhile?

Awesome.

I would think that whatever changes are coming have been decided already.

Wait till you here about Disneyland in my TR. :(

Disney is Disney regardless if it's east or west coast.

It's worse than you think.  For the 35th anniversary of Epcot, he is having Spaceship Earth's exterior redone to resemble a wrecking ball, with a huge, inflatable naked Miley perched on top.  

She is after all a Disney product.

You make it sound like it's a bad idea.

The Peter Principle rears it's ugly head again at WDW.

You may have seen or read elsewhere that the VP of the WDW transportation department is stepping down and will be the VP of Epcot.

If he does what he did for WDW Transport, don't look for many significant improvements at Epcot. He's all show and no go.

As far as I know, he has zero experience in theme park operations. His background is in bus transportation.

He's done very little to improve things in monorails and watercraft during his tenure. And from a guest's perspective, things are no better now than they were six years ago in buses, and may be a little worse.

Big deal, so he's added 12 articulated buses which are much more expensive, only carry 50% more people, can only fit at certain locations, and are used only during certain times of the day at a few resorts.

Oh, he's changed the look of the buses, so that now there are three exterior paint schemes instead of just one.

And because of the small number and size of the articulated buses, they had to add another huge bus loop at MK.

So is TCD right that "the place is run by idiots"?

Wow, you have me scared. But I don't get how he got promoted without reducing the bottom line. It sounds like he wasted a bunch of money. 

Wow, you have me scared. But I don't get how he got promoted without reducing the bottom line. It sounds like he wasted a bunch of money. 

It's generally considered that he did spend money on unnecessary things and didn't spend money on necessary things.

So we still have a lot of junk buses, but they look nice.

And the automated, 20 million dollar plus, dispatch system is a total joke.