Villains hard ticketed event coming to DHS

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, too bad. I'll be busy Dave is driving down on every day that event is taking place, ya, I know, he's quite the guy, to help me organize my ping pong ball collection.

More details released on the Disney Parks Blog.   http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/be-prepared-for-villains-unleashed-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/   Hades Hangout - The party kicks off a

Gamora and star lord from guardians of the galaxy will be there as well. They host an Awesome mix dance party by the animation bldg.

• From 3pm, the secondary entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios will be closed. After 3pm the only entry will be via the main entrance on World Drive.

Which kinda bites, so that means anyone staying on property who choose to drive, will have to go all the way back out to 192, then back in on World Drive.

Which kinda bites, so that means anyone staying on property who choose to drive, will have to go all the way back out to 192, then back in on World Drive.

They probably figure that because DHS closes at 8, that the number of on-property guests that come after 3 will be low. Plus, of those that do come in at that time, most are bussing it anyway. As I've said all along, use the damn buses.

From the Disney Parks Blog...

More than 50 Disney villains are set to rule Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 23, as a part of the new Villains Unleashed event.

hhhhhh647811small.jpg

Villains Unleashed, which is a one-night event that requires a separate party ticket, will feature appearances by rare villains, meet-and-greet opportunities, an Oogie Boogie’s Freaky Funhouse Show, “Villainy in the Sky” Fireworks and much more.

The park will be buzzing with activity and fun that night. Here are some tips on how to make the most of it!

• Parking – Guests arriving by car for Villains Unleashed should come through the Main Auto Plaza, the south entrance located off US-192 and World Drive. The satellite entrance (across from the Hess station) will be closed for this event.
  • Arrive Early – The party starts at 8 p.m., but guests with an event ticket can enter the park as early as 5 p.m.
  • Event Guide – Pick up an Event Guide for show times and details on which characters can be found in different areas.
  • Kick Off The Party At Hades Hangout – The fun begins at 8 p.m. at Hades Hangout as he summons the villains for the night’s festivities.
  • Meet Characters – Villains available for character greetings will have established queues with posted appearance times. There will be separate queues for each villain, so you can be sure of meeting the one you want.
  • Fantasmic! – Arrive early so you don’t miss the pre-show with the Night Crawlers (starts at 9:35 p.m.).
  • Oogie Boogie’s Freaky Funhouse Show – Four showings during the night at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30 p.m.
  • See Special Fireworks – “Villainy in the Sky” starts at 12:45 p.m. Excellent viewing is available in front of the Sorcerer Hat, and all along Hollywood Blvd.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/08/everything-you-need-to-know-to-attend-villains-unleashed-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

From the Disney Food Blog...

Special “Villains Unleashed” Menu at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

With more than 50 Disney Villains on hand to enjoy, no doubt you can party the night away with your favorite “baddie”. But what happens when all that merriment leads to a frightful appetite?

Disney has you covered — in themed style, of course. Check out these special Villain Hot Dogs, with images of Jafar and Maleficent branded right onto the buns! They appear to be some of our favorites, like the Pork Barbecue Coleslaw Dog and Macaroni and Cheese Truffle Dog from Fairfax Fare, dressed up for the occasion. Yum!

Villains-Food-600x285.jpg

Villain Hot Dogs and Beverages

And who can resist scary drinks with gummy worms and candied pepper slices?? Specialty beverages — both alcoholic and non-alcoholic alike — will be available at various venues throughout the park.

And get a load of this gorgeous Maleficent Cupcake! The tasty treat features Dark Chocolate Cake, Blackberry Filling, and Blackberry Buttercream. We think it would make a great addition to our Disney Cupcake Gallery!

Villain-Cupcake.jpg

Maleficent Cupcake

And this tame little apple hides a secret — Witches Brew! With a whole serving of fruit, it’s gotta be healthy, right?

Apple-Villains-Unleashed1-600x539.jpg

Apple — Villains Unleashed

To celebrate a wicked good time, The Hollywood Brown Derby will feature Club Evil, offering an assortment of small plates. Check out options like Off with Their HeadsDeviled Eggs, Pig Crackling and a Garlic Chili Gelée and Lobster Custard with Tobiko Caviar and Citrus Oil.

Cruella’s Devious Eyes features Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Spheres, Balsamic Gelée and Basil Oil Powder.

Villain-Selections-Hollywood-Brown-Derby

Dastardly Small Plate Offerings from Club Evil at The Hollywood Brown Derby

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/08/20/news-and-sneak-peek-special-food-and-beverages-coming-to-the-villains-unleashed-event-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I am a big fan of MNSSHP and MVMCP, so I thought this would be the same type of event. I bought my tickets the first day that they became available because of this, but it was nothing like those events. No parade, fireworks weren't until almost 1:00 in the morning, just lots of long lines. I'll be writing a letter to complain, although I doubt it will do any good.