4th of July blackout lifted from Military Salute Tickets

That's great, but do you really want to be in the parks on July 4th?

CMs have blockout dates at various parks throughout the year, but that just tells me to stay away from those parks, and I do.

Totally agree with you Lou.

But, I think it's crazy that the put date restrictions on military tickets. Thanks for fighting for our country, here are some discounted tickets, hope your leave isn't during busy times because you can't use them.

But, I think it's crazy that the put date restrictions on military tickets. Thanks for fighting for our country, here are some discounted tickets, hope your leave isn't during busy times because you can't use them.

While I appreciate you agreeing with me Beckers, I can't return the favor.

As usual, I'll take Disney's side and mention that the blockout periods are minor and the Disney military discount is one of the best out there.

Ems

While I appreciate you agreeing with me Beckers, I can't return the favor.

As usual, I'll take Disney's side and mention that the blockout periods are minor and the Disney military discount is one of the best out there.

I agree with you except for the Fourth of July. Seems weird to have independence Day blocked out for military personnel. Maybe Independence Day should be blocked out for everyone else except military personnel, vets, and their families. It wont happen but what an awesome statement that would be.

I agree with you except for the Fourth of July. Seems weird to have independence Day blocked out for military personnel.

It wasn't just the military though, and Disney agrees, so it's been lifted.

Maybe Independence Day should be blocked out for everyone else except military personnel, vets, and their families.

I'm guessing that maybe there aren't enough of them on a normal day to make it worthwhile. It's still a for profit business.

It wont happen but what an awesome statement that would be.

They could have a ticketed event where they set aside a day or night during the slower season just for the military.

Unfortunately a good chunk of the military is limited to leave during holidays so unless its coming home or going to a deployment your options are limited.  And even when you are given leave from/to deployment it is often combined with a holiday so they can hit two birds with one stone.