The Importance of "Rope Drop" and a Plan

Get up early and have a plan how is that vacation. Thats why I still don't like magic bands you have to plan everything. On vacation we just like to wake up and say well that sounds fun and go do it. Don't like planning meals months in advance ether so I quit doing ADR. But glad you had a good time. We did a few MEMH rope drops before we had a kid we would get almost half of MK done in the first hour or so it was cool. That was 5 to 7 years ago.

All depends on when you go and what you want to do.

We usually go during slower times in Oct/Nov/Dec (except for Thanksgiving week) and are there long enough that we have the luxury of winging it most of the time.

We usually do "dog stuff" in the morning, so don't stroll into the parks until about noon, which also means we try and take advantage of PM EMH when we can.  Downside until now was that we could rarely get FPs for TSM or Soarin because we didn't get to the parks early enough.

The only time I've actually done rope drop for a non-24 hour event is to ride TSM at HS. 

And actually MagicBands this year will mean I don't have to and I'll get to ride both.  :jumpforjoy

All depends on when you go and what you want to do.

We usually go during slower times in Oct/Nov/Dec (except for Thanksgiving week) and are there long enough that we have the luxury of winging it most of the time.

We usually do "dog stuff" in the morning, so don't stroll into the parks until about noon, which also means we try and take advantage of PM EMH when we can.  Downside until now was that we could rarely get FPs for TSM or Soarin because we didn't get to the parks early enough.

The only time I've actually done rope drop for a non-24 hour event is to ride TSM at HS. 

And actually MagicBands this year will mean I don't have to and I'll get to ride both.  :jumpforjoy

We always go about the same time as you. We use to do 3 weeks but we have cut it back to 2 weeks. That's one reason we don't really hit the parks early. We enjoy hanging out at the fort and cooking breakfast.

We rarely Rope Drop either, except for our last "escape" morning. Then we have 8am breakfast at Hollywood & Vine, ride TSM, and are on the road by 9:15.

I will occasionally go to morning EMH to ride RnRC, ToT, Space Mountain, Everest, etc. Rick doesn't ride those. I can get those in, and be back before he even gets up. Then we head for Trails End or Missy's Kitchen for breakfast.

I have never rope dropped, but I will need to try it some day!

It's madness avoid it if you can. Watching all the people run like fools is funny though although we have seen people fall and get hurt.

It's madness avoid it if you can. Watching all the people run like fools is funny though although we have seen people fall and get hurt.

They've actually changed up the rope drop procedure in a couple of the parks because it had gotten so crazy.

When we did HS rope drop in January, they held everyone outside the turnstiles where before you went through and waited in the street beyond.

That really slows down people coming into the parks because everyone has to scan their MB/ticket to get in first.

Honestly, now that I can schedule FP+ for Soarin and TSM, I doubt very much we'll be doing any rope drops - unless it's a special circumstance... or DH really has lost his mind.  8)

They've actually changed up the rope drop procedure in a couple of the parks because it had gotten so crazy.

When we did HS rope drop in January, they held everyone outside the turnstiles where before you went through and waited in the street beyond.

That really slows down people coming into the parks because everyone has to scan their MB/ticket to get in first.

Honestly, now that I can schedule FP+ for Soarin and TSM, I doubt very much we'll be doing any rope drops - unless it's a special circumstance... or DH really has lost his mind.  8)

DHS was bad but the worst one we saw was at Epcot when they let the people loose it was crazy to watch people run for Sorian that's when a lady got knocked down. So that's good if they made it better.

We were walked down Main Street at not even a quick pace.

I get that planning isn't for everyone, but I love it. It makes me get excited about the trip.

As far as RD, we always do it at least one day. I'm not a morning person, but when you have a young child who wants to ride a lot of rides (or if you want to), it's the way to go.

We were walked down Main Street at not even a quick pace.

I get that planning isn't for everyone, but I love it. It makes me get excited about the trip.

As far as RD, we always do it at least one day. I'm not a morning person, but when you have a young child who wants to ride a lot of rides (or if you want to), it's the way to go.

This is me too.  I love the planning.

Also, since we don't get to WDW very often as a family, I want to be able to let the kids ride as many rides as they want.

We've done rope drops twice and both were for our last trip in January. We did rope drop at Epcot because my daughter wanted to meet Anna and Elsa and I didn't want a mega long line, we still had to wait two hours but it wasn't bad at all. And we did a rope drop at MK a couple days later just the two of us because she wanted to fill out her autograph book. It was a blast with just the two of us but a total pain to bring the five guys.