I'm trying hard to remember the brand that we bought. It was a 12'x12' straight legged design. We bought separate screen walls for it. Just last week, it collected water and destroyed the thing. My father-in-law also managed to break a few teeth off of the zipper for the entry to the screened in area and it would allow the zipper to pop off.

I'm pretty certain it was this one:

http://www.quikshade.com/products/244-w144-forest-green.html

I knew it collected water, in previous trips- I would drop the fabric so that it hung down when we were away.

This trip, I tried adding tarp clips - 2 per side to pull the fabric more taut. It helped somewhat, but apparently not enough.

Most of the ez up type have legs that can be adjusted, so in theory, if you were leaving the canopy up and not going to be around, you would drop the front or the back lower so the water would have a better chance to run off.  But it the top starts to stretch and water pools.... anything can happen.

Some of the dome types seem to alleviate that problem.

We got some rain while we were at the Fort, and it was amazing how quickly the water would pool up on the tarp above the tent.  Even a quick shower could create a good sized puddle.

I take it your looking for a stand alone screen room. For those of you looking for the best awning screen room, carefree of Colorado in my opinion makes the best. It's about $500-$600. We haven't bought one since we don't have the need for it

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/carefree/products?action=category&categoryid=32

Our canopy is a first up we bought at Walmart for 79 at least 8 years ago. It has been through some very hard rains and has never pooled water. All these type canopies that I have seen seem to have the same design.  If you don't lock each corner all the way up the 4 ridge arms that go to the center top do not pop to the full upright position and could allow water to pool. I think most if not all the canopies that collapse were not fully extended or let the Velcro that keeps the fabric tight at the bottom was not fasten.  Also if they are not tied down strong winds will flip them over and brake the frame.  I happened to have mine set up in the back yard. Here are a couple pics.

Here is one of the beams not locked all the way.

DSCN0897.jpg    

Here it is locked.

DSCN0896.jpg

It's only a matter of an inch or less from not fully locked to make the difference.  

I can't believe that I have just been lucky with my canopy not getting destroyed in all these years. No offense to anyone who has had there canopy collapse but I bet almost all were do to user error.  I have had a screen room frame break on me but on further review I missed attaching one of the fabric clips when I set it up. 

Our canopy is a first up we bought at Walmart for 79 at least 8 years ago. It has been through some very hard rains and has never pooled water. All these type canopies that I have seen seem to have the same design.  If you don't lock each corner all the way up the 4 ridge arms that go to the center top do not pop to the full upright position and could allow water to pool. I think most if not all the canopies that collapse were not fully extended or let the Velcro that keeps the fabric tight at the bottom was not fasten.  Also if they are not tied down strong winds will flip them over and brake the frame.  I happened to have mine set up in the back yard. Here are a couple pics.

Here is one of the beams not locked all the way.

DSCN0897.jpg    

Here it is locked.

DSCN0896.jpg

It's only a matter of an inch or less from not fully locked to make the difference.  

I can't believe that I have just been lucky with my canopy not getting destroyed in all these years. No offense to anyone who has had there canopy collapse but I bet almost all were do to user error.  I have had a screen room frame break on me but on further review I missed attaching one of the fabric clips when I set it up. 

Thanks.

That probably accounts for a lot of the review discrepencies..... people not reading directions.

A lot of the ez up types in the product descriptions say they are not a permanent structure and to not leave them unattended, then the reviewers say well the top rotted after sitting out on my deck for a year so it's a piece of junk and I give it 1 star.

One person gave a screen room a low rating because the shipping box was damaged, but raved on how good the room itself was.

I've used EZ-Up type canopies for years, and yes there are water pooling problems if you don't stake them down. I always stake down, or weight all the legs AND attach the guy lines to the canopies and stake those down also.

I got some cheap Chinese ones off of ebay. 10x20. I also went and replaced a lot of the screws, and due to a very bad storm had a frame break on me. I bought another one off of Ebay, and kept the broken one for spare parts.

I ended up buying an ez up type one today at our new Gander Mountain. It was on sale and came in a carrying case with screens and three solid sides (I can't think what they are called right now :(). I'll put it up in the backyard tomorrow.

My dad has one from Gander Mountain that he loves going on 4-5 years. Hope yours treats you as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad has one from Gander Mountain that he loves going on 4-5 years. Hope yours treats you as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's good to know. I hope so, too!

Carol: Did you replace the screws because you wanted to or had to? Were the originals cheap, too?