I still think plan a dinner at a resort that you can take the fireworks cruise from, have dinner, suggest walking to the marina, surprise her with the cruise and then do it before the fireworks or it the very beginning of them. The marina at the Poly (that is where we left from both times) was empty when we went out. So there would be no crowds and if you do it on the boat the only other person would be the cM driving the boat.

Could the budget stretch to some sort of spa treatment for you wife?  That way, she would be off by herself while you get the kids and everything ready.

BTW, I know we have already talked you into spending lots of $$ on this, but a piece of jewelry is always a nice touch with a proposal.  How about some sort of family jewelry, like a necklace with each of your birthstones on it?  

You could have your son give her a flower (long stem rose!) and then your daughter give her the necklace, and then you could get down on one knee and propose.

We'll be celebrating our 25th in about 7 months. They'll be no proposal though, let sleeping dogs lie.

We'll be doing the "Magic Kingdom Fireworks Spectacular" at the Cali Grill.

Magic Kingdom Fireworks Spectacular

California Grill offers one of the best fireworks dining experiences at Walt Disney World Resort.

Lights dim as the music is piped into the restaurant—immersing Guests in the magic of the night.

Dining before the fireworks? Bring your receipt to the check-in desk on the 2nd floor for reentry to

California Grill. Then, enjoy the show either from California Grill Lounge or the outside observation deck.

Guests with a dining reservation after the fireworks are also invited to watch the show from the lounge or observation deck.

Marty- I am trying to find some kind of Disney inspired ring to propose with. That or a pearl- I gave her one when we got married as a gift.

The spa treatment is possible, but she's unlikely to go. My younger one, I'll have a note or card or something for him to give her. My older one will be able to keep the secret.

I've started wondering about renting tuxes or nice suits and surprising her with a wardrobe change just before the boat ride for son and me. Have daughter wear something fancy. If it is a nice dinner, wife will already be gorgeous - so she won't be out of place. Not sure how to coordinate that- the backpack tux seems like a pipedream!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said you will be having a friend watch your son during the run.  Will your friend be leaving before you do this proposal?  If not, would your friend be willing to help bring you the tuxes and then take your clothes that you change out of?

jon

You said you will be having a friend watch your son during the run.  Will your friend be leaving before you do this proposal?  If not, would your friend be willing to help bring you the tuxes and then take your clothes that you change out of?

jon

Not positive - it may be my mother-in-law who will want to be present for the actual proposal. But, if we have a small backpack to stuff clothes into, we could likely just carry that without intruding on the tux look too much.

But possibly if it turns out to be my wife's grandmother.

That's a good thought.

I've started wondering about renting tuxes or nice suits and surprising her with a wardrobe change just before the boat ride for son and me. Have daughter wear something fancy. If it is a nice dinner, wife will already be gorgeous - so she won't be out of place.

Love this!

Love the jewelry idea as well.  Not sure how "Disney" you want it to be but there's some nicer stuff out there, even some with pearls...

il_fullxfull.264729992.jpg

31fdSLD9fzL.jpg

I did a search on Google images for "Disney pearl jewelry"

One was a listing from Amazon that's no longer available and the other one was on Etsy. The Etsy listing is still live and they have some other cute stuff too..

https://www.etsy.com/listing/62773623/disney-mickey-mouse-themed-swarovski

It looks like Disney has locked up the good jewelry - at least based on online searches.  They've got some gold and silver stuff on Disneystore.com but it's super pricey.

It's possible you may be able to get a local jeweler to make something for you if you show them a picture of something you like.